What's the role?
We are the Billing, Accounting and Mediation (BAM) Tribe. The BAM tribe is a dynamic, distributed agile team of exceptionally talented engineers that is responsible for building and maintaining a billing system crucial for the whole organization. Are you passionate about working on scalable, robust, high throughput, low latency Big Data pipelines that processes billions of transactions a day, employing cutting-edge Cloud native technologies? You are looking at phenomenal opportunity at HERE. Our collaborative environment offers a good work-life balance, challenging tasks in parallel processing of large data sets, and a modern code base written in Java and Flink that runs on AWS and Kubernetes.
This is a Principal Software Engineer that will work in the development of key internal and customer-facing applications. You will work closely with Project Managers, Architects, Data Analysts and other developers in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms, architectures and technologies.
- Agile development and deployment of software using Continuous Integration and automated testing of developed code, systems, and infrastructure
- Investigation and root cause analysis of software and system defects
- Work with Product Management and Architecture Team to chart Engineering backlog and resolve any impediments
- Reach out and demo the products to stakeholders and help them use our products efficiently
- Commitment to delivery on-time without compromising on quality
- End-to-end ownership of one or more critical components.
- Mentor junior developers
- In rotation, support the product 24x7x365 with a client centric approach to resolving issues
Who are you?
You are a self-motivated team-player who has experience developing and deploying production-grade Big Data services in large organizations with compliance requirements. You have experience with all aspects of the production software lifecycle, from working with customers to creating development plans, to selecting required tools and technologies, to software development, as well as deployment of software to production ready, stable environments. You have 10+ years of professional software development and deployment experience including knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery and automated testing disciplines.
What Do We Offer?
- Strong backend programming skills in Java/or Python with 10+ years of experience
- Experience building Big Data pipelines with Flink and Kafka in AWS/K8S based environments.
- Strong experience building and using REST API (e.g., SpringBoot, OpenAPI)
- Experience working with SQL database (Aurora, Postgres) and columnar storage (RedShift)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment; Git, Jenkins, Gitlab
- Experience running production service on cloud-based environment, especially AWS Stack (including EMR, Kinesis, RedShift, RDS etc.) and Kubernetes/Docker
- Experience with agile methods, DevOps and tools
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started. Apply now!
- An opportunity to work with outstanding people
- Challenging problems to solve
- Work that makes a difference in the world
- Freedom to decide how to perform your work
- Variety in the types of projects
- Feedback so you will know how well you are doing
- Collaborative, Encouraging Colleagues, in an inclusive environment
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes - from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people's lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us. Watch Video
This job has expired.