GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
Summary of Role :
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking a highly skilled and motivated FRAME Engineer to be part of the GFC (Global Frame Configuration) team engaged in advanced technology at GLOBALFOUNDRIES's state of the art 300mm wafer fab (Fab8) located in Malta, New York State.
Global Frame Configuration team is responsible for developing frames bordering internal or client supplied chip designs to support the generation of semiconductor test site and product masks at our semiconductor manufacturing facilities in USA/Germany/Singapore and abroad for advanced technology development. We use and customize internally developed Process Design Kits (PDKs) as well as other physical design, layout and verification tools, to generate optical, electrical as well as overall frame structure, to enable reticle level designs to be defined. The team creates numerical representations and documentation of the frame for use during wafer manufacturing or post wafer operations by our foundry clients. We also program, test and support the frame generation infrastructure, both hardware and software readiness, to ensure high availability and quality operation is sustained during development and production manufacturing.
Essential Responsibilities :
Qualifications Required Qualifications :
- Direct engagement with Fab Process Integration, Technology Development, Modules to develop technology and/or product specific frame configuration. Align on specification for both electrical and optical frame structures.
- Provide timely response to Fab's request on frame related topics.
- Participate in meetings with peer teams across multiple geographies.
- Interact with other teams such as Field Application Engineering, Product Engineering to assist with providing a best-in-class Customer Tape-out Operations experience
- Occasionally interact with external customers to understand and support their needs.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Bachelor's Degree Master's Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline.
- At least 2 years of semiconductor experience
- Good English Language skills - written & verbal
- User knowledge of UNIX, design software like Cadence Virtuoso, K2 viewer, Mentor Calibre
- Experiences in layout verification methodologies (SVRF)
- Scripting (tcl, perl, SQL) and debugging skills
- Basic Fundamental knowledge of Optical Lithography, Metrology, Tapeout or Mask Fabrication Processes.
- Travel 10% or Less
- Master's degree Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline.
- 4 years of semiconductor experience
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.