Are you looking for an opportunity with plenty of growth potential? Do you enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced, collaborative environment? Are you interested in working with the world's most innovative companies to create a more connected world?
Connecting Continents. Impacting Communities.
The backbone of the Internet is a series of high-tech subsea fiber optic cables deployed throughout the globe - SubCom has deployed over 50% of them. Our employees ensure data communications networks are engineered, manufactured, deployed, and maintained to the highest standards, enabling faster and more reliable connectivity to communities worldwide. Every member of the SubCom team plays a role in an end-to-end process that is critical to enterprises, governments, big cities, and rural towns.
We encourage, expect, and value creativity, thoughtful risk taking, openness to change, and diverse perspectives. Whether you're a seasoned applicant seeking a new and exciting challenge, or you're new to the workforce and looking for a flexible, rewarding, and fast-paced position with an innovative and stable organization (since 1953), SubCom has opportunities to advance your career.
Works from requirements to produce detailed designs and plans for design verification, qualification, and production testing. Works collaboratively with Mechanical Engineers, Production, and Field Installation Teams. Leads and provides guidance to other Electrical Engineers on portions of larger projects.
- Conducts analog and digital circuit design and simulation.
- Performs hands-on experimental work on prototype components, circuits, and assemblies.
- Generate Schematic designs using OrCad.
- Leads the Printed Circuit board layout activities with ECAD designers.
- Transfers design to factory, creates detailed production test plans and provides follow-on support.
- Participate in requirements development and design reviews.
- Initiate and develop relationships with internal partners and external suppliers.
- Cooperate with field installation teams to ensure proper installation and operation of deployed terminal equipment
- Works from requirements to produce detailed designs and plans for design verification, qualification, and production testing.
- Uses empirical analysis, experience, and sound engineering judgement to make design decisions between the often-competing requirements of performance, cost, reliability, power dissipation, physical size, schedule, etc.
- Works with mechanical engineers to ensure designs meet physical, thermal, and environmental requirements.
- Uses strong lab skills to evaluate the suitability of components and subsystems for integration into larger designs.
- Performs hands-on evaluation of early design prototypes to ensure compliance with design goals.
- Master's in Electrical Engineering/Physics or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience in Electrical engineering development projects.
- Strong background in high voltage (up to 21kV) design (design rules for pwb layout and wiring) and test (HV switching, surge, voltage transient, partial discharge).
- Able to develop hardware requirements, as well as manufacturing test plans.
- Experience in Electronic testing, lab test set automation, qualification and reliability standards.
- Ability to lead a team of diverse professionals.
- Circuit simulation and modelling using LTSpice, or equivalent.
- Electrostatic FEA analysis with Ansys, or equivalent.
- Self-starter and flexible as workload is varied.
- Strong ability to communicate problems and issues as well as to summarize and explain results.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Candidates for positions with SubCom must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please be sure to attach a resume to your application. We are not able to consider applications without a resume. BENEFITS
SubCom offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to: competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance coverages, FSA, HSA, generous vacation, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) plan with generous company match. Additionally, some positions may be eligible for shift differential. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL EMPLOYER OPPORTUNITY
SubCom is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation. SUBCOM'S CORE VALUES
Quality - Accountability - Teamwork - Innovation
This job has expired.