Compensation: $16.00 per hour
The Prevention Specialists are part-time positions responsible for facilitating assigned programs/seminars to elementary or middle school students. Job responsibilities include:
- Facilitate programming as assigned by the Director of Prevention.
- Assist students in locating appropriate referrals/resources within the schools and the community.
- Assist school personnel with student disclosures which may lead to problematic or risk-taking behavior.
- Attend training on new curriculum as assigned by the Prevention Director
- Regular attendance (except as excused)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend all training as required by Compass Health Network, Accreditors and Funders.
Additional Position Details
Follows elementary or middle school schedule; summers off.
Covers St. Charles, Lincoln, Franklin and Warren County school districts.
Start time varies from 6:30 am -8:00 am. Schedule received months in advance. 0-30 hours worked per week.
Experience working in a classroom setting preferred.
Public speaking experience a plus.
Position is limited part time and does not include benefits.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in mental health related field as recognized by the US Department of Education preferred.
- The ability to work well with the elementary and middle school student population.
- The ability to network and communicate with school personnel.
- Commitment to Service Excellence
- Commitment to Personal Excellence
- Team Oriented and Values Diversity
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.