Requisition Number: 44966
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: Research Faculty
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date:
The Department of Biochemistry at the University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for a PostDoctoral Associate! The postdoc will join an innovative, trailblazing project employing single molecule biophysics and other advanced methods to elucidate signaling mechanisms in a pathway central to innate immunity, cell growth and many human cancers. The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Falke Laboratory at University of Colorado, Boulder is well known for its contributions to the fields of molecular biophysics, cell signaling, and protein engineering. The lab has been continuously funded by NIH for 34+ years. Professor Joe Falke is a Fellow and Past President of the Biophysical Society, and is Co-Director of the CU Boulder Interdepartmental Biophysics Program with 40+ member labs in 5 departments, continuously funded by NIH for 20+ years. The lab is located in the state-of-the-art JSC Biotechnology Building on the CU Boulder campus with proximity to other labs in Biochemistry, Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Physics, Molecular Biology, and Physics. New funding and recent graduations provide the opportunity for us to recruit new lab members. For more information see https://www.colorado.edu/lab/falke/
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Carry out cutting edge, rigorous research on cellular signaling pathways.
- Focus on projects mutually agreed upon with Prof. Falke and compatible with lab funding.
- Become an expert on your project and the tools used to carry it out.
- Present your work at group meetings, local supergroup meetings, and conferences.
- Be a good lab citizen, including learning from and training other lab members.
- Help write publications and grants.
- Help maintain lab infrastructure and instrumentation.
- Help train and supervise junior researchers, including undergraduate Honors researchers.
What We Can Offer
- Occasional flexibility in work schedule.
- The position will begin in January of 2023.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to align with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
The salary for this full-time position is $55,000- $70,000 annually. Benefits
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
. Be Statements
Be dynamic. Be pioneering. Be Boulder. What We Require
What You Will Need
- Ph.D. and extensive prior research experience.
- Prior laboratory experience and a strong desire to carry out rigorous, cutting edge research.
- Interest in learning a new project and skills to grow with the position.
- Able to think independently, analytically and critically.
- Problem solving and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Capability to work well with lab members and recruit new members.
- Commitment to diversity and a safe learning/research environment.
- Successful candidates will have a passion for research and experience with at least one method employed from the fields of biophysics (single molecule imaging, spectroscopy, mathematical modeling), or biochemistry (enzyme kinetics, protein purification, mutagenesis), or cell biology (fluorescence imaging, tissue culture).
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Resume or CV including name and contact information for three references.
- Cover letter addressed to the Search Committee briefly describing your qualifications, professional goals, and specific interest in this position.
- Optional: Transcripts/Proof of Degree
If you are selected as the finalist, your degree will be verified by the CU Boulder Campus Human Resources department using an approved online vendor. If your degree was obtained outside of the United States, please submit a translated version as an optional attachment.
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for a reference. We will request a letter of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the posting will remain open until the position is filled.Note:
Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/PostDoctoral-Associate/44966
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.