Job ID: 321219
Lyman-Richey Sand & Gravel Company, A CRH Company, has been supplying aggregate materials for construction and development projects for more than 130 years. What began with a single clamshell dredge and a horse and wagon has evolved into a large-scale production and trucking business with several plants in the Omaha metro area along Nebraska's Platte River.
The Plant Laborer position is responsible for performing various duties on the plant site for daily operations. The employee will generally work in maintenance of the plant equipment and grounds; while at all times maintaining a safe work environment. The plant runs two twelve hour shifts five days a week with frequent Saturday work depending on demand. The successful applicant will have to be able to rotate on and off of the night shift every few weeks.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task for themselves and co-workers.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Responsible for daily general maintenance and clean up of multiple plant sites, including mowing. Routine and daily housekeeping duties.
- Responsible for keeping plants, equipment, and vehicles clean.
- Report all major maintenance problems to Lead-man or Superintendent.
- Perform general laboring duties when necessary. May be called upon to run small power tools such as a jack hammer. Lifting, carrying and holding material, tools and supplies.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project, jobsite or plant location.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree GED is required.
- Two years of related experience in the construction field preferred.
- Previous maintenance experience.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Abliity to work Saturdays and night shifts when needed
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Ability to operate a Haul Truck, Frontend Loader, Bulldozer, Skid Steer, Excavator
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require standing for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders or stairs and to work at heights.
- Able to work in tight quarters.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Lyman-Richey Sand & Gravel Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Omaha Nearest Secondary Market:
Council Bluffs Job Segment:
Plant, Laborer, Electrical, General Labor, Plant Operator, Manufacturing, Engineering
This job has expired.