The Virtual Reality (VR) Electrical Engineering team within Facebook Reality Lab (FRL) is seeking a talented PCB Design Manager to manage our growing PCB layout and ECAD librarian team that supports the broad FRL electrical engineering teams. In this role, you will work with technical leads to determine long term system objectives and implements system improvements and additional capability. You will be instrumental in providing leadership and technical knowledge for cutting edge PCB/FPC design.
- Manage day-to-day works of our ECAD team (ECAD Librarians and PCB layout engineers) that designs state-of-the-art PCB and FPC for FRL's product teams
- Allocate resource and set priorities in conjunction with development teams. Ensure adequate resource, prioritization, alignment, and clarity of work within the teams
- Set schedule milestones to drive timely delivery of PCB layout service to development teams. Assist in project management, schedule creation, and estimation of completion dates
- Own and advance ECAD development processes, toolsets, design and fabrication techniques
- Participate in and conduct design reviews related to PCB/FPC
- Provide PCB layout and Library support to the team when needed
- Work with engineers and factory teams to optimize layouts for performance, costs, and manufacturability. Interface with PCB vendors to resolve technical issues such as DFM
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of technical management experience relating to PCB design. Managerial skills including staffing, mentoring, and performance managing
- 7+ years of experience with Cadence OrCad/Allegro toolset
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of complex high-speed PCB/FPC design and manufacturing
- Demonstrated understanding of industry guidelines for signal integrity, power integrity, reliability, and manufacturability per IPC standards
- Experience in prioritizing and coordinating closely with cross functional teams through periods of compressed schedules and high workloads
- Proven interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- 10+ years of experience with Cadence OrCad/Allegro toolset
- Knowledge of Agile PLM system
- Experience of CIS/CIP to PLM Integration
- Experience of ECAD to MCAD integration
- Experience of design consumer electronics product
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.