This position is eligible for remote work.This position is responsible for the preparation installer and prevailing wage payroll and reporting. Performs duties related to payroll operations, including hours of work, piece rate, processing time records, compiling payroll statistics for installers and prevailing wage, maintaining payroll control records, and calculating payrolls, in accordance with Federal, State, and local laws and Company's policies and procedures.
* Prepare and reconcile various installer pay daily
* Analyze payroll data to ensure accuracy including exceptions
* Prepare payroll imports weekly
* Review hourly employee time cards and create historical edits to include corrections to time and attendance
* Compile and file reports as required by management and government agencies
* Review and update payroll processes regarding compliance
* Ensure wage and hour law compliance
* Prepare various payroll reports using ADP reporting tool and other legacy tools
* Support payroll team in other payroll areas and cross functional teams
* Communicate with managers, employees and various federal, state or local agencies regarding payroll information
* May support more than one Service Center with Installer and Prevailing Wage Payroll
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Education, Experience and Skills:
* Associate degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field is preferred; however, relevant experience may be considered
* 2 to 3 years' experience in Payroll or relevant experience
* Familiar with Microsoft Office and ADP software
* Excellent EXCEL skills
* Performs a variety of tasks
* Works under general supervision
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, payroll reports, and legal documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients to carry out responsibilities and respond to common inquiries from customers/clients or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop/deliver training presentations to managers and co-workers.
Ability to apply intermediate mathematical concepts and basic logic functions
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
Typical office environment or remote work environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Occasional extended evening hours are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled