Pathologist, Associate Director or Director - Oncology Safety Pathology, Clinical Pharmacology and Safety Sciences
Locations: Gaithersburg, MD/Waltham, MA
Meaningful Impact. Make a more meaningful contribution Impact patients' lives every day
Make a more meaningful impact in your career, with greater ownership and accountability to make a contribution. And in return... we're looking for people driven by making a difference to patients and society, dedicated to doing the right thing.
Strengthen our pipeline to make a meaningful impact on patients
Be part of a dedicated Research & Development team. Fueled by our commitment to help more patients, strengthen our pipeline and grow our area.
Are you a passionate veterinary anatomic pathologist with expertise in toxicologic or disease area pathology? This is an exciting opportunity to join a global group of highly skilled pathologists that work closely with dedicated safety teams to drive the discovery and development of innovative treatments for cancer patients. The role is broad in scope and offers significant potential for scientific collaboration and professional development.
What you will do
As a Pathologist in our global CPSS team, you'll collaborate with discovery safety specialists, toxicologists and disease area scientists, providing expert anatomic pathology support to drug projects across all development stages. You'll contribute to the design and assessment of investigative safety and efficacy studies, ensuring timely delivery of impactful, decision-making pathology data. In addition, you'll provide pivotal pathology support and develop expertise in cutting edge novel treatment modalities, including cell therapy, antibody drug conjugates, PROTACs, and epigenetics. In partnership with our expert imaging and AI scientists, you'll explore the use of image analysis and artificial intelligence to drive quantitative pathology.
As Project Pathologist, peer review of outsourced toxicology studies is an important part of your responsibility. For individual drug projects, you'll ensure consistency of CRO pathology outputs across toxicology studies and appropriate integration of pathology data within study reports and regulatory submissions.
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine
- Postgraduate pathology qualification (DACVP, DECVP, FRCPath, DJSTP or equivalent)
- Cross-species research or toxicologic pathology experience
- Ability to integrate pathology findings with a range of additional endpoints (e.g., clinical pathology, IHC, ISH, mass spectrometry imaging) and provide contextualized interpretation for project teams
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly convey complex pathology data to a wide range of stakeholders
- PhD in pathology or a related discipline
- Experience of histopathological evaluation and peer review of short- and long-term toxicology studies
- Track record of scientific delivery demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications in high impact/high-quality journals; ideally complimented by a strong pathology peer network
- Relevant experience of providing discovery and toxicologic pathology support and acting as a pathology representative on multiple drug development projects; previous experience with ADCs, T cell engagers and/or CAR T cell therapies would be an advantage.
- Ability to provide a holistic view of translational safety, efficacy pathology and pathophysiology from animal to patient
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what's next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it's yours.Where can I find out more?
Check out our landing page for more information on our BPD group https://careers.astrazeneca.com/bpd
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.