VP COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING (UA-VPCM-IUBLA)
IU Studios is the central Marketing and Communications unit at Indiana University, and includes the University Events and Conferences teams. Our insights and technology-driven teams serve as strategic consultants throughout the university, with a central mission to create experiences that lead to a lifelong love for IU.
- Designs websites, digital campaigns, graphics, print pieces, presentations, and other multidisciplinary design solutions for our partners throughout Indiana University.
- Engages in intensive collaboration with creative teams, marketing professionals, and campus partners in successfully marrying the goals of marketing initiatives and best practices in user-centered design to achieve optimal returns.
- Participates in the conception and creation of innovative visual web design strategies that have a lasting impact on the brand.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to ensure interaction strategy, marketing strategy and visual design meet business requirements and user experience objectives, and to present, receive feedback, and follow through on partners requests.
- Designers are responsible for successfully completed work on time.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5 years of experience in graphic design and web design.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite. Skilled using Mac or PC.
- Experience with designing for mobile devices and ability to work within an open creative studio environment.
- Work in organization or agency with a record of marketing / public relations work with multiple audiences and many products.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with a wide diversity of individuals.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- High commitment to quality.
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to actively seek to acquire knowledge in area of specialty.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
- Comfortable working within a matrix organization with discrete brand teams and shared resource teams.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design and usability principles, issues, and techniques.
- Expertise in creative marketing concepting, including facilitating and participating in team brainstorms and implementation.
- Deep understanding of visual design principles and the ability to implement these principles in projects.
- Experience in brand strategy and implementation.
- Expertise in the technical implementation of visual designs and interactivity across media, including exhaustive knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and the print and web production processes.
- Familiarity with web content management systems. Experience with XHTML and CSS and other web development tools a plus.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to perform detailed work.
- Ability to interact with staff, faculty, and vendors.
- Ability to change priorities as project scope changes and perform multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Ability to identify complex problems and find solutions quickly and accurately.
- Knowledge of Indiana University or comparable institution.
There are some repetitive physical tasks, such as working at a computer for extended periods of time. A high level of concentration when creating content under deadline or responding to news emergencies is required.Work Location
Bloomington, Indiana or Indianapolis, IndianaJob Classification
Career Level: Temporary
Job Function: Temporary Hourly
Job Family: Temporary Regular
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.