Job ID: 293520 Sales, Service & Quality Control Facility Operations and Dispatch Accounting Fleet Maintenance and Shop Management
Headquartered in Omaha, Lyman-Richey Corporation, A CRH Company, employs nearly 800 people in its eight aggregate and concrete companies across central and eastern Nebraska and western Iowa. Lyman-Richey Corporation has been providing top-quality construction materials and superior service to customers and contractors in the region for more than 130 years.
We are seeking a summer intern. The desired areas of interest are Construction and Concrete operations. The internship season will begin between mid-May/early June 2021 and may run through August. If business permits, opportunities for limited work during the school year and subsequent summers including possible transition to fulltime/part-time employment. Our businesses are in central and eastern Nebraska and western Iowa, so travel is required.
If you want to pursue a career in the construction industry or within a particular career path, please consider our internship program.
The Lyman-Richey Internship Program will cover four areas of our business:
To learn more about our company and locations, please visit:
- 18 years of age or older
- 2021 Graduating High School Seniors
- Must be enrolled (planning to enroll) in a vocational, technical, or college degree program
- Must be willing and eager to learn about the construction industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to write reports and analyze raw data.
- Basic computer skills
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation to commute to and from their work location, as well as between facilities and job sites when necessary.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to exert up to 10-20 lbs. constantly to move objects
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Lyman-Richey Corporation, A CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 12, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Omaha Nearest Secondary Market:
Council Bluffs Job Segment:
Construction, Electrical, Outside Sales, Facilities, Engineering, Sales, Operations
This job has expired.