Ability to pack on any Thermoforming line generally working independently. Able to communicate quality issues, proper documentation, packaging requirements and machine malfunctions. Performs work under machine operator with final approval by the shift supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To pack on all thermoforming machines including auto packer
- Ensure product meets quality standards
- Ensure correct quantity is packed
- Confirm packaging material matches quality docket requirements
- Feed sheet through trim press as required
- Help remove scrap from around former to disposal buggy
- Clear packing table from end of roll/start of new roll debris to get count mark for new roll
- Perform simple machine procedures while operator away from area
- Break line (cut the sheet) at un-winder if needed
- Understand the basic operation of the machine
- Understand the safety features of the machine including E-stops and when to use them
- Well rounded knowledge of quality of all products
- Perform Grinding duties to ensure scrap material is properly recycled
- Make and stage "boxes" for packing product throughout shift cons is tent with demands.
- Communicate equipment or mate rial issues that arises on the shift to Packer and Supervisor.
- Perform all end of shift duties, IE. Sweeping, cleaning packing table, assisting co-worker's with this task, grinding.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIRMENTS:
- Stationary standing: 100% of the shift.
- Walking: 60% of the shift.
- Touching/Handling Product: 100% of the shift.
- Sitting: 5% of the shift.
- Useing Controls/Tools: 10% of the shift.
- Reaching-(Hand & Arm): 75% of the shift.
- Shifting/Twisting/Rotating core: 100% of the shift.
- Climb or Balances: 5% of the shift.
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or Crawl: 10% of the shift.
- Talk or hear: 100% of the shift.
- Smell: 5% of the shift.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds/Max.
- Employees may wear corrective lenses (with protective safety over glasses) PPE or use our Safety Prescription Program (Ask your HR Representative).
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The Packer will be responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations, and policy procedures. Employee's responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Compliance with all facility rules and regulations.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their Supervisor.
- Maintain floor safety discipline by interceding with fellow employees, who may engage in rule violations and/or unsafe, unhealthy activities.
- Communicate to Management those employees who persist in violations of safety rules and/or procedures.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE)/properly and reporting any defective PPE.
- Report all near misses, accidents, injuries, including Muscular Skeletal symptoms or disorders.
Employees will be working in a Manufacturing and/or Warehouse environment in all types of weather. Conditions may range from and include: hot, cold, humid, loud, working near airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and forklift traffic.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
None is required for this position.
505 East Cotton Avenue, Carthage, Texas 75633
, Nacogdoches, Texas 75961
, Center, Texas 75935
, Marshall, Texas 75670
, Henderson, Texas 75652
, Tenaha, Texas 75974
This job has expired.