Job Shift: 3:15 PM to 11:15 PM
Some weekday, weekend and holiday overtime may be required.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you'll do important work, like
helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or
making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll
be supported in achieving your career goals.
High School Diploma or GED is required
· Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
· Demonstrates and promotes Thermo Fisher's values of Integrity Intensity,
Innovation and Involvement.
· Comply with all safety regulations and conduct all activities in a safe,
· Cleans packaging rooms and machinery in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Principles (cGMPs).
· Performs manual or automated assembly, filling, packaging and labeling of
pharmaceutical products. Ensures adherence to specifications and the highest
· Accepts or rejects in-process clinical supplies and drug products according to acceptability standards determined by Good Manufacturing Principles, customer requirements, and Standard Operating Procedures.
· Works with other departments to perform in-process inspections and other
· Performs computer-related tasks for signing into a job, in-process actions and data entry.
· Performs counts of incoming and completed components and drug product to ensure accuracy and accountability.
· Performs tasks that may be verified by an independent individual, or may
perform inspection/verifications of work performed by others.
· Uses stationary and/or hand-held machinery in multiple operations.
· Able to interpret drawings and assembly instructions independently. Able
to demonstrate this aptitude in the work area to the room lead prior to
starting an operation.
· Personal Protective Equipment Certification (PPE) including but not limited to filtering face masks, PAPR, N- 95 masks, half face masks and safety glasses
is required to perform this position.
· Must be able to work in both primary and secondary rooms.
Prior experience in packaging, manufacturing, clean room
environment or equivalent is a plus. Must be able to meet physical
requirements stated in the Essential Job Functions with little or no exceptions
· This position requires hand-eye coordination, manual and finger dexterity,
attention to detail, and the ability to perform repetitive tasks with both
hands, and learn new tasks with assistance from Team Leads and fellow
employees. In addition, accurate counting, interpretations of 2D
drawings/diagrams, and understanding of batch paperwork is necessary to ensure proper assembly of clinical supplies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must have self-confidence.
· Must be able to recognize your own emotions and how they affect your thoughts and behavior towards others.
· Must know your strengths and weaknesses.
· Must be able to control impulsive feelings and behaviors.
· Must manage your emotions in healthy ways.
· Must be able to take initiative, follow through on commitments, and adapt to changing circumstances.
· Certain physical conditions (i.e.: allergies) may preclude an individual from
performing these required job duties. Exceptions to these requirements will be
considered on a case-by-case basis, but are by no means guaranteed. Development of certain conditions while employed in this position which preclude an
individual from performing the terms of their Job Description and Essential Job
Functions may result in reduced work hours or release from position.
· Must be able to speak, read and write (legibly) in the English language without assistance.
· Must have basic computer skills, to include, but not be limited to: data entry, log in/out, screen and program navigation, website navigation.
· Must have working mathematical skills for adding, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages.
· Must be able to stand continuously, must be able to walk frequently, must be able to sit
· Must be able to lift and or carry the max of 50 pounds frequently
· Must be able to bend frequently, must be able to squat, and must be able to reach above shoulder level essentially
· Must be able to use both right and left hand for repetitive action, simple
grasping, pushing and pulling and fine manipulation essentially
· Must be able to use both the right and left foot for repetitive action
· Vision requirements for this position: close vision (clear vision at 20 inches
or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision,
peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or
to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception
(three dimensional vision) and the ability to adjust focus
· Personal Protective Equipment Certification (PPE) including but not limited to filtering face masks, PAPR, N- 95 masks, half face masks and safety glasses is required to perform this position
· Must be able to work in both heat/cold environments
· Must be able to problem solve/troubleshoot.
· Must have a positive attitude, problem-solving skills, and acts as a team player
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com