A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Packaging Technician III at MilliporeSigma supplies all weighing and labeling packaging production floor areas with accurate labels and job accountability paperwork. They accurately maintain interdepartmental tracking system. The Packaging Technician also updates product record files, scans and reviews documentation for accuracy, performs stocking activities, inventories material movements, handles automated labeling, and maintains a clean/safe work area.
- Reviews completed records and signs off that the records are accurate and complete
- Reviews finished product for proper overpacking
- Completes SAP material movements to transfer finished inventory
- Restocks and reorders components
- Prepares all weighing and labeling accountabilities daily for packaging production areas
- Produces any protocols or MPF's required for the packaging run
- Attaches any necessary supporting paperwork to the weighing documents such as protocols or MPF's
- Updates product systems and product files via SAP and Legacy systems.
- Produces labels for packaging through put and interface with label databases
- Loads and threads Zebra printer with label media
- Matches label brands with paperwork
- Utilizes SAP transactions to print labels as well as to solve label issues and complete paperwork requirements
- Populates custom label and issues databases
- Evaluates label quality output during printing processes
- Collates labels, match with paperwork and scan to packaging floor
- Maintains equipment
- Submits help tickets with any problems associated with the creation of labels or printer problems
- Assures printers are always operational and contacts appropriate personnel for maintenance or repairs when required
- Performs ribbon changes and log changes
- Follows GMP guidelines for work-in-process
- Accounts for 100% of all labels created
- Controls all unused labels
- Applies product labels by hand wearing or using automated labeling machines while wearing PPE including apron, gloves, safety shoes, safety glasses and face shield if required
- Completes paperwork documenting the labels applied
Who you are:Basic Qualifications:
- Stand, sit and move repetitively for extended period
- Work in proximity of closed hazardous chemicals and human source materials.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs with lifting equipment.
- Wear safety shoes, apron, sleeves, face shield, protective gloves, and safety glasses and goggles while performing in this position.
- Utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of packaging, industrial, or scientific/laboratory experience or training experience
- Type at speed of minimum 50 words per minute
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 219233
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time