Expected Travel: Up to 10%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Interventional - The Interventional business unit at Teleflex offers innovative medical devices that are used to diagnose and treat coronary and peripheral vascular diseases. We place a strategic emphasis on complex coronary and peripheral interventions, vascular access, bone access, specialty biologic treatments and cardiac assist. Our current Interventional products include a broad range of clinically relevant solutions, such as our GuideLiner® and Turnpike® Catheters, AC3 Optimus™ Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump and OnControl® Powered Bone Access System. With a strong R&D footprint and pipeline, our fast-growing Interventional business unit is poised to continue the development of new technologies to serve critically ill patients for years to come. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
The Packaging Engineer will provide support packaging initiatives for MDR compliance. In addition, this individual will partner will several areas including Operations, R&D, and Marketing to specify, develop, verify and validate package designs as well as manage testing to support distribution and shelf life claims.
• Lead packaging activities on existing products for MDR compliance
• Lead small/short term projects
• Determine test requirements, test methods, sample sizes and statistical analysis for packaging qualification/verification studies
• Develop and complete verification, validation and qualification plans and reports for packaging systems, equipment and processes
• Prepare new product cost estimates for packaging designs
• Evaluate and recommend new packaging materials and designs
Education / Experience Requirements
• BA/BS Degree strongly preferred; 5+ years related experience and education may be considered in lieu of degree
• Packaging Engineering degree or certificate preferred
• 2-3 years of experience preferred
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Must have an ability to manage work to meet tight timelines
• Ability to complete tasks with minimal direction
• Organizational approach to tasks both individually and within projects
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Interpersonal skills; working in a team and as an individual contributor
• Structured problem-solving approach to problems
• Thorough understanding of process statistics, packaging equipment and risk management
• Understanding of industry regulations such as ISO13485, FDA QSR's and ISO11607
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.