Compensation: $16.00 per hour
Responsible for outreach and education to current health center patients and community residents related to their
health insurance options through the Health Insurance Marketplace, MO HealthNet and CHIP. Assist patients in
enrolling for insurance coverage and educate on how to utilize their insurance at health centers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – JOB SPECIFIC:
• Conduct "in reach" activities with currently uninsured health center patients and "outreach" to non-health
center persons in the health center's service area
• Provide education to health center staff about insurance options so they can assist in educating their clients
• Provide educational materials about insurance options to the health departments, hospitals, urgent cares,
physician's offices and human services agencies and coordinate outreach efforts with them
• Deliver presentations to community groups
• Represent the health center at health fairs to provide education on health insurance coverage and how to
utilize their coverage to be healthier
• Assist persons with enrollment in The Health Insurance Marketplace, MO HealthNet or CHIP.
• Assist persons with appeals and hearings related to Marketplace and MO HealthNet coverage issues.
• Complete all required trainings, participate in all meetings assigned, complete all required reporting.
• Provide referrals to any applicable office of health insurance consumer assistance or ombudsman
established under Section 2793 of the PHS Act to address consumer grievances, complaints or questions
about their health plan coverage
• Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/CORE COMPETENCIES – COMPANY WIDE:
• Regularly attends work except for approved absences
• Attends all training as required
• Maintain professional, “champion” behavior
• Provides quality customer service
• Provides services with a commitment to service excellence
• Works in a way that exhibits a commitment to personal excellence
• Team oriented and values diversity
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPOSURE RISK:
No identified risks of exposure
• High School/GED required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• State of Missouri Insurance Navigator’s licensure required once hired
• Federal Certified Application Counselor licensure required once hired
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.