ECS is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator to work in our Indianapolis, IN office.
We are looking for an Oracle Database Administrator to work in our Indianapolis, IN office
This role is part of a high-performing team dedicated to excellence in support of our customer in providing functional expertise to software development, systems engineering, and O&M services for a myriad of highly complex, Government-designed and Government-owned enterprise business-critical systems relating to Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Integrated Pay and Personnel Management for the USMC, Navy, and across the DoD.
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing, configuring, and supporting Oracle eBusiness Suite applications as well as other business applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Gather and document detailed requirements, design functional solutions, customize and configuration applications, identify and execute advanced test scenarios and support solution deployment - for Oracle eBusiness Suite Applications, and related 3rd party connected applications.
- Troubleshoot issues, find their root cause, and propose any necessary corrective actions to resolve them permanently.
- Perform research using tools such as myOracleSupport, Implementation guides, white papers as well as others, as appropriate
- Demonstrate high quality and effectiveness in work documentation and organization
- Can be successful and productive in the face of change and can quickly adapt as necessary
- Professional attitude in all situations, especially those in which conflict is present
- US Citizens only and must meet the DoDI Eligibility requirements to obtain IAT Level II Clearance (Security + certification required to be obtained once on board)
- 5+ years' experience with Oracle database software installation, basic configuration, and software updates to include experience with version 11g or 12c and Oracle RAC.
- 5+ years' experience configuring and maintaining an Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- 5+ years' experience with Oracle database maintenance functions such as database availability, object and data updates, backup/restores, database privileges, and running executable scripts or procedures to include experience with version 11g or 12c.
- 5+ years' experience with Oracle database query creating and modifying database queries to include experience with version 11g or 12c.
- Experience with database utilities such as SQL/Plus and TOAD.
- Experience with best practice methodologies for service delivery such as the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Experience with DoD Accounting terms and interfaces.
- Experience with working on a cross-functional teams, with team members inside and outside of IT.
- Can demonstrate strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a large team or departmental setting
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.