A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Packaging Technician will stage, fill (manually or semi-automatically), cap, label and over pack liquid, powder and lyophilized products per approved packaging specifications while utilizing all required safety equipment.
- Maintain records for accountability and traceability
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area to assure product integrity
- Operate pouch fill equipment, and other types of powder and tablet fill equipment
- Operate pallet and drum moving equipment
- Identify malfunctions in equipment operation, and with appropriate approval takes corrective action
- Travel between local sites 50% of the time
- Follow safety rules, SOP's, UOP's
- Take the necessary actions to resolve any unsafe conditions
- Operate hand tools, lab equipment, calculator, and weighing and measuring devices
- Assist with quality or customer audits
- Document deviations in a notes page and/or properly follow GDP expectations
- Participate in root cause analysis-help with identifying solutions for customer complaints
- Perform routine troubleshooting on the floor and in systems such as SAP
- Schedule processes for each room and review final weighing documents
- Perform operations independently or as part of a team
- Communicate the status of operations or personnel concerns to department lead and supervisor
- Utilize phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment
Who you are: Basic Qualifications:
- Wear PPE such as hard hats, safety shoes, respirators, safety glasses, gloves, hair nets, beard covers (if applicable), Tyvek suits, shoe covers, and respirator
- Move drums on and off pallets that exceed 150kg while wearing PPE
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted & move more than 50 pounds with assistance
- The work area may occasionally be wet, humid abnormally hot or cold
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, or crouch for the entire shift
- Talk, hear, taste and smell
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and adjust focus
- High School Diploma OR GED equivalent
- High school course work in chemistry or 6 months chemistry related work experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic understanding of metrics and conversion
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as ability to follow written protocols
- Problem solving skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 218104
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time