Operations Supervisor, Shipping and International Customer Service - Ditch Witch
Who Are We?
At Ditch Witch in Perry, Oklahoma we pride ourselves on being the leading manufacturer in the underground pipe and cable market. Our plant in Perry stands out because it's a place for people to learn and thrive. We enjoy coming to work because our plant is our community, we see our teammates not only as co-workers but as neighbors and family members. All of our locations build the intricate network of machinery that contributes to The Toro Company. We contribute to building communities, cities, and the world. We invite you to apply and join a team of highly skilled, and highly passionate people.
As the Operations Supervisor, you will directly supervise 15-35 non-exempt hourly employees. This is a supervisor over the International Customer Service team (office clerical), as well as the Domestic and International Shipping Department (operations). The successful candidate will be able to work any shift, and be available for negligible required travel.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company - Ditch Witch Division, you will be responsible for:
What Do You Need?
- Direct efforts to ensure timely production and shipment of cost-effective, high-quality products.
- Assists with and communicates performance objectives, providing the context and meaningful targets for team members.
- Drives efforts to provide excellent customer service to International dealer network.
- Assists with establishing metrics regarding people, quality, delivery, cost and innovation; manages and encourages discussion pertinent to team members.
- Drives a structured continuous improvement process ensuring employee empowerment by:
- Encouraging the generation of improvement ideas for safety, quality and delivery or cost reduction;
- Facilitating the removal of improvement road blocks.
- Conducts daily/weekly stand-up meetings with team members to discuss issues, metrics, and the plan for the day and emphasize continuous improvement.
- Utilize and implement Lean/Continuous Improvement elements to identify, evaluate and pursue process improvement opportunities, continuously.
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
What Can We Give You?
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or related technical field preferred.
- Three (3) years supervisory experience in a manufacturing function. Knowledge of domestic and international shipping processes and standards, export compliance, international shipping regulations preferred.
- Exhibit enthusiasm for creating a World Class Continuous Improvement Process.
- Results driven and action oriented; good problem solving and issue resolution skills.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, along with the ability to make effective group presentations.
At Ditch Witch, we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits - Ditch Witch offers employees at our Perry, OK location a variety of perks, including:
Dress for your day - We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, office-plant blended environment.
Wellness- In addition to physical wellbeing, TTC offers a variety of mental health, financial health, and other types of resources to every full-time employee.
Growth Opportunities - TTC prides itself on giving our employees the chance to grow their careers. Tuition reimbursement, opportunities to move into new areas of interest, and promotion opportunities are a few examples.
Competitive Salary - The pay range takes into account skills, experience, education, and location. It is not common to be hired at or near the top of the range; compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Cash compensation is one piece of our competitive total rewards package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.