Expected Travel: Up to 25%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
OEM - Teleflex Medical OEM is a leading global provider of product development and production services for medical device manufacturers. We set ourselves apart with deep expertise, decades of experience, a dedication to design for manufacturability, and extensive, in-house capabilities, which include engineering, regulatory services, material selection and formulation, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and packaging. We deliver industry-changing innovations and next-generation solutions for extrusions; diagnostic and interventional catheters; balloons and balloon catheters; sheath/dilator sets; specialty sutures, braids and fibers; and bioabsorbable sutures, yarns and resins. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
This technically based sales position will have responsibility for driving continuous improvement in our customer relationships by providing proactive communication, oversight of customer projects, quotes, delivery times, etc. The Sales Operations Engineer will work with the OEM sales organization, customer service, marketing, engineering, product development, quality, and manufacturing operations to proactively analyze and grow the business within profitability guidelines. This role will be located in Plymouth MN reports to the Manager, Sales Operations.
• Expertise in capabilities and product knowledge of catheters and/or extrusions.
• Utilize product expertise to maintain profitable business relationships and secure profitable new business opportunities.
• Develop pricing strategy and determine pricing model for key and new accounts based on company's pricing guidelines, market trends, and product life cycle.
• Prepare, analyze and educate management on the results of quotation metrics and make the appropriate recommendation to senior management on how to advance the business
• Assist in the preparation, formalization and negotiation of customer contracts (terms, conditions, product volumes, and prices) for customers.
• Coordinate and communicate with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, QA/RA, Finance, Customer Care, and Senior Management on the development project timelines and/or other customer service related issues.
• Keep management abreast of market conditions, product performance, and make recommendations for future growth potential such as acquisitions, new market strategies, new product development based on market trends, etc.
• Meet with potential customers to explain/recommend Teleflex Medical OEM's products, design capabilities, and production facility capabilities.
• Provide technical sales support as it relates to the product line to customers & sales team.
• Manage accounts and provide necessary follow-up to expedite orders and resolve problems involving payments, delivery, and product performance.
• In conjunction with Sales Managers, monitor and control customer performance to plan, and develop and implement progressive measures to assist customers in achieving stated sales objectives.
• Evaluate territory performance against established objectives/guidelines (sales forecast, budget, number of new accounts, etc.) and take appropriate action to improve performance.
• In conjunction with Sales Managers, provide accurate forecast of sales by customer and products.
• Assist in set up of and attend trade shows, consult industry directories, and follow up on new and existing customer leads.
Education / Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
• Minimum of two years' experience working with catheters and/or extrusions preferred.
• Demonstrated track record for meeting objectives in a technology company.
• Demonstrated experience in administering complex sales processes preferred.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with a broad spectrum of people having varying backgrounds, education, and experience.
• Strong Project Management Skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, etc.
• Must have a high degree of initiative and the ability to multi-task.
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment
• High level of organization, attention to detail and accuracy
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.