The Operations Director is responsible for the leadership and management of all associated operations personnel, driving process discipline and control of all related manufacturing processes, meeting/ exceeding customer requirements and achieving company strategic goals and objectives. Coaching and mentoring operations leadership in the optimization of day-to-day planning and production, focusing on Safety and Quality and Colleague Development. Collaborating to develop short- and long-term strategic objectives, promoting a culture of Operational Excellence which includes creating a safe working environment, commitment to excellence, and continuous improvement mindset.
- Embrace the values of our company safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the Alluxa and Enpro culture around creating value and driving excellence in our organization.
- Manage the day-to-day manufacturing operations of the company.
- Mentor and develop organizational leadership through employee empowerment, teamwork, collaboration, and data-driven decision making.
- Lead manufacturing operations ensuring efficient utilization of facilities, equipment and personnel and leveraging the MES system to meet company operational goals.
- Proactively support team performance and drive accountability for assigned job responsibilities, documentation, in-process inspection and accurate MES transactions.
- Leverage metrics to measure the operational health, ensuring daily, weekly, and monthly production goals (safety, people, quality, delivery, and cost) are achieved.
- Lead and participate in regular production meetings and cross functional discussions related to product safety, quality, and delivery.
- Make recommendations for process and capital improvements and investments.
- Maintain high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to all established specifications and company quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechanical, or related technical field with 8 years' manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of thin film deposition processes and optical filter manufacturing.
- Prior leadership experience, either in manager or supervisor function.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, have the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively.
- Experience working in a fast paced, innovative, high-quality engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Attention to detail and self-motivation to deliver work to the highest standards.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Creative and flexible, yet a disciplined approach to operations management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Strong work ethic displaying consistent dependability, reliability, and initiative.
- Excellent computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite (Word; Excel)
- Master's degree in Engineering, Physics or technical field.
- 10+ years of manufacturing operations management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of thin film deposition processes and optical filter manufacturing.
- Project management experience.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, SPC and 5S techniques
- Work within a manufacturing and office environment.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range.
- While performing duties of this job, this role will regularly be required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms.
- Temperature is moderate within work environment.
- The noise level in the manufacturing environment is moderate, but occasionally can be loud.
Alluxa is a technology company that provides specialized optical filters and thin-film precision coatings for the most challenging applications in the industrial technology, life sciences, and semiconductor markets. The company's products are developed through a proprietary coating process using state-of-the-art, advanced equipment. Alluxa partners with customers across major end markets to provide customized, complex precision coating solutions through Alluxa's specialized technology platform and proprietary processes.
Learn more about Alluxa: https://www.alluxa.com/why-alluxa/
Alluxa is a subsidiary of Enpro, a leading industrial technology company using material science to push boundaries in semiconductor, life sciences, and other technology-enabled sectors. We are a leader in sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly engineered materials. Our products and services are sold into more than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day - from food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms, from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required.
This job has expired.