Job Description and Expectations
POSITION TITLE: Online Graphic Designer/Illustrator - Remote
The Online Illustrator creates original illustrations for use in online adult higher education courses. These illustrations include graphics of individuals, people in various situations, technical and scientific drawings, and infographics. The illustrator will also provide assets for video animations and interactive media, including learning gamification. This includes graphic design skills including photo assets and photo/illustration combinations.
Illustrations and other designs must follow modern standards for diversity and inclusion and reflect the core values of Jarvis Christian College.
This is a remote position.
This position is outcome oriented, not time focused.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience as a professional illustrator and graphic designer, preferably in an online education environment
- Ability to illustrate in various media and in various styles including ink-on-paper and digital mediums in both color and black-and-white (demonstrated by a strong portfolio)
- Ability to create, manipulate, and optimize photographs and photographic and illustration combinations
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong project management and independent time management skills
- Exceptional written communication skills and strong oral communication skills
- Ability to create effective and engaging illustrations for written and oral vision and creative statements, including the pieces that are cohesive with and contributing to written and other course content
- Experience working with stock photography and adapting stock vector images
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with online learning development teams, preferably in D2L Brightspace
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro (or similar tools)
- Experience with other Adobe Creative Cloud products such as InDesign, Bridge, and web creation tools
- Experience working with animators including understanding how to use and create storyboards
- Understanding of andragogy, online learning, and current trends and research in online course delivery
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops content within quality and quantity standards of the College from SME basic content information approved by faculty
- Assists in course quality reviews
- Provides technical support for course content implementation inside the LMS for faculty and staff
- Assists in quality review of course content and presentation
- Develops various types of content including video, graphics, assessment questions, and interactive pieces to create engaging content effective at helping faculty and students achieve student learning outcomes
- Continue professional skill development in areas related to online course development and content creation
- Knowledge of various illustration techniques, illustration technologies, illustration ethics, and basic adult education principles
- Ability to illustrate people and objects from various cultural and work perspectives
- Must be detailed oriented, able to set priorities and meet deadlines with a strong aptitude for quality control and accuracy
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to utilize technology to create, scan, manipulate, and digitally optimize illustrations
Must be able to read content and use computer-or utilize assistive technology-along with paper mediums
Must be able to participate in virtual meetings and phone calls
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0 - 24%
- Dexterity/Grasping/Feeling: 75 - 100%
Must be able to draw, write, type, and use phone system and other technical devices
Commensurate with Credentials and Experience
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
Demonstrates integrity, confidence, enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, analytical ability, motivated work ethic, and strong interpersonal skills.
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
Reports to the Director of Online Learning & Teaching
Management of tasks in an accurate and timely manner, confidential treatment of proprietary and otherwise protected information, professional dress and grooming, verbal communication and writing skills
Seeks opportunities for continuing education
Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a strong work ethic in an independent work environment
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Able to travel occasionally for training and team building
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Jarvis Christian College is committed to diversity in our faculty, staff, and student body.
This job has expired.