Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities.
Experienced professionals bring us the know-how to make lasting change for our clients and our company. We are not typical 'management' consultants. We provide industry- and discipline-specific knowledge and expertise, which amplifies our impact and helps us shape the future for our clients. Oliver Wyman is a diverse, entrepreneurial, non-competitive partnership of individuals who like to pursue new opportunities or build a unique franchise doing what they do best in a collegial, fun environment. Oliver Wyman is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Backed by years of experience, Oliver Wyman acts as a trusted advisor to companies and investors as they take on the challenges of the need for rapid transformation or restructuring taking a holistic approach by incorporating expertise across the business including strategy, operations, process execution, and financial restructuring.
We place a high priority on developing sustainable restructuring concepts that address both the market and the competitive environment as well as specific factors for success. Oliver Wyman acts as a leader for restructuring processes, as an objective expert and a neutral third party who provides quantitatively supported advice to address the interests of management, shareholders, lenders, and other stakeholders. With more than three decades of experience in strategic, operational, and financial restructuring, Oliver Wyman offers a complete management solution and "one-stop-shop" approach to turning around companies.
Deep Understanding of Restructuring Topics
In devising sustainably successful restructuring approaches for clients, Oliver Wyman draws on our deep base of knowledge about market trends and specific success factors, our far-reaching expertise in operational excellence methodologies, and our solid grasp of the needs and options of various financial sponsors (i.e., equity/borrowed capital). We take an integrated approach in this work, and we base our restructuring concepts on four pillars:
1. Strategic repositioning: The focus is placed on core markets and potentially profitable business fields. Business operations that destroy value will be closed or divested.
2. Value-enhancement business model: Using our approach called value-driven business design, we optimize such business drivers as a company's customer, product, and technology portfolio, define core skills, and bring the organization into alignment with the strategy.
3. Operational excellence: The focus is placed on lean organizations and processes. In particular, this work is aimed at simplifying production networks and increasing efficiency and effectiveness by applying such methodologies as LEAN and Six Sigma. In addition, purchasing and the entire supply chain are optimized.
4. Financial restructuring: On the basis of the strategic repositioning work, the value-focused business model, and operational-excellence programs, we determine liquidity needs and the requirements for a sound capital structure through the use of integrated financial planning. This creates the foundation for a financing concept that optimally weighs the interests and decision-making freedom of all participating parties.
Firm Expertise and Implementation Capabilities
Oliver Wyman draws from a broad base of knowledge about industries and methodologies to help carry out restructuring projects in a quantitatively based and methodical manner. Areas of expertise include:
____THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategy & Growth
- Sales Efficiency
- R&D Productivity
- Production Optimization
- Lean Management
- Procurement & Supply Chain
- IT & Operations
- Organization & Processes
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Program Management and Communication
Our Principals are day-to-day leaders of complex client projects, working closely with Partners to manage client relationships, commercial processes, and teams of consultants and specialists. They bring our projects in on time, always striving to exceed the project's goals. Their deep experience in certain business- and subject-areas helps them to become trusted advisors to our clients and go-to subject matter experts in the team.
As a Principal you will:
____YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Understand how to deploy best practice, your own (and your team's) expertise, and the firm's wider technical competencies to deliver successful projects.
- Know how to guide and influence thinking for your clients and teams.
- Work towards being an Oliver Wyman Partner of the future by identifying opportunities and building business for the firm, contributing to thought leadership, and maintaining expert-level knowledge in your areas of expertise.
As our Partners of the future, Principals represent the near next generation of Oliver Wyman's leadership. As such, they require a substantial level of experience.
The ideal candidate will likely have most of the following:
____OUR VALUES & CULTURE
8 + years of experience of relevant restructuring/distressed experience in a top-tier consulting, investment banking, or private equity firm with a consistently strong track record of structuring and leading client engagements
- Ideal industry-specific knowledge pertaining to Energy, Retail, Transportation, Healthcare, and/or Manufacturing
- Hands-on experience developing and overseeing integrated 3-statement financial and 13-week cash flow models.
- Experience of leading and managing teams to deliver complex work to tight deadlines, and act in a manner that develops and motivates team members.
- Ensure 80/20 approach to quickly draw conclusions and make data-driven recommendations.
- Deep, proven problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to translate findings into insights, strategies, and actions.
- Exceptional negotiation skills with senior-level stakeholders and ability to adapt to sophisticated client environments and situations.
- The ability to deploy your expertise in thought leadership and other intellectual capital efforts to bolster business development efforts.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with a readiness to present your team's work to senior executives at top-tier clients.
- The ability (and willingness) to travel for client engagements as travel resumes.
- Know how to take the initiative, seeking out opportunities to learn new skills and put the ones you've already got to good use.
- Are not just intelligent, but creative too: ready to come up with novel ideas to solve our clients' biggest problems.
- A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team.
We're serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Self-starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self-starting, motivated, energetic, and entrepreneurial about what we do.
- Common aspiration, collective endeavor, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us.
- Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion.
- Opportunity without artificial barriers, anti-Kudzu
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity.
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other's time and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output, not input-based culture, have respect for people's personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We're not perfect yet, but we're working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.
This job has expired.