Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. Twitter @OliverWyman.
Practice Group: Financial Services
Practice: Finance and Risk
Platform: Climate and Sustainability
Location: NYC preferred (would also consider Toronto, Washington DC, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco)
Role: Engagement Manager
Finance & Risk Practice Group Overview
Oliver Wyman is shaping the future of the financial services industry by helping the world'stop financial institutions address their most significant issues. We have an unparalleled understanding of the evolving market structures, economics, and strategic and regulatory trends across all segments of the financial services sector. Our distinct approach is characterized by deep specialization and rigorous fact-based analysis.
The Finance and Risk Practice advises clients in the financial services sector to adapt their risk management strategies to continuously evolving market dynamics, emerging risks, and rising regulatory expectations. Our projects focus on issues at the top of the C-suite (in particular the CFO and CRO) and Board agendas and span a wide spectrum of disciplines.
For more information about our Practice, please visit the Risk Management for Financial Services page.
Climate & Sustainability Platform Overview
The Climate and Sustainability Platform is one of the priority areas of the Finance and Risk Practice. We provide thought leadership and advisory service to our clients to enable them to manage theimpacts of climate change and to support their role in decarbonization. Examples of topics we have been supporting our clients on include:
- Climate risk management and climate scenario analysis
- Climate-related disclosure
- Net zero strategy and target setting
- Industry-level initiatives on the climate transition
Oliver Wyman's Climate and Sustainability Platform has been a leader in the financial industry on how to manage climate and sustainability issues. For more information about our Platform, please visit the Climate and Sustainability page.
The Climate and Sustainability Platform is seeking Engagement Managers to support and contribute to our continued business growth. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a successful team that is a strategic priority for the firm and of critical importance to the industry and more broadly.Role
Engagement Managers are critical leaders within our consulting team, working side-by-side with our clients.The position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with relevant prior experience. Initial responsibilities typically include:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Leading teams of consultants on a wide range of climate and sustainability-related topics. This typically includes developing hypotheses; managing data collection, model creation and analyses; conducting primary and secondary research; creatively tackling information limitations; and surfacing insights
- Synthesizing findings into written presentations; reviewing and discussing with clients and other stakeholders
- Overseeing and guiding the consulting team as they develop hypotheses, review client information and conduct client interviews, derive insights, and produce deliverables
- Supporting Partners in project execution through excellent project management, including work planning, workflow management, and coaching / developing more junior team members
- Managing client relationships and networks, presenting to senior audiences, and working day-to-day with senior and mid-level clients
- Effectively communicating issues and solutions in formal and informal settings, through written and verbal communication
Just as every client project is different, so we recognize and value the diversity of backgrounds and skill sets for successful Engagement Manager candidates. We are seeking high-caliber individuals who want to join our winning team. Preference will be given to candidates with:
- 4-7 years of relevant consulting and/or industry experience, either at a top-tier consulting firm or a financial services institution; prior experience with finance, risk, and treasury related topics
- Experience / knowledge of key climate and sustainability issues as they apply to financial services (e.g., climate risk management, net zero target setting, disclosure)
- Track record of leading and managing teams, and delivering results in fast-paced, demanding environments
- Strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Location: NYC office preferred (also considering Toronto, Washington DC, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco)
Our team comprises all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds. We value a diverse environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion. We do, however, ask that you have:
Our Values & Culture
- A genuine passion for solving problems across climate and sustainability topics
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills
- An ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments
- Strong client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A clear commitment to creating impactful solutions that solve our clients' problems
- A clear commitment to doing what is right for our clients and colleagues
- The ability to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented and diverse team
- A willingness to travel (when it is safe to do so again)
We're serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Self-starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are self-starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
- Common aspiration, collective endeavor, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
- Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
- Opportunity without artificial barriers
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other's time and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people's personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.How to Apply
If you like what you've read, we'd love to hear from you. If you'd like to learn more about the firm during your application process, please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers.
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunityemployer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We're not perfect yet, but we're working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.#OWC&S
This job has expired.