A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and EMD Electtronics For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Research Sales Organization of MilliporeSigma is seeking an Account Manager to support the growth strategy for the Pharma/Biotech division. The Account Manager in Research Solutions is responsible for selling the Life science portfolio leveraging all communication channels including phone, email, social, and video and as warranted. The Account Manager is responsible for establishing and executing business plans and sales strategies in teamwork fashion to defend and develop existing account sales, cross-functional collaboration and value-creation. The AM will work as an individual contributor along with specialists to determine and conduct appropriate activities and opportunities to drive growth. Account Managers are responsible for achieving sales targets in an assigned territory through effective execution of the sales strategy and proactive (outbound) contact, overall territory management, and team collaboration. The ideal candidate is results oriented, driven and curious. An agile, highly collaborative and early adopter mindset is preferred. Position Responsibilities:
Who You Are: Minimum Qualifications:
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by leadership
- Effective execution of the defined sales strategy
- Maintain a level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to add value and promote customer improvement
- Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates as requested on a timely basis.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with customers both external and internal
- Schedule and execute campaigns and promotions within the defined territory.
- Manage effective pricing strategies to include, but not limited to: Contracts, Pricing Agreements, Renewals, negotiations, and implementations.
- Ability to travel 10% as necessary for meetings, training, and customer visits if applicable
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or in business
- 3+ years of experience working with customers, and various sales tools and technology, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office software, Sales Force or another CRM
- Demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets preferably with business-to-business sales experience
- 5+ years in the Life Science Industry
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of the Life Science Research marketplace and market business trends
- Digitally savvy and social
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results.
- Sales competency which includes selling skills including digital sales, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for research
- Demonstration of good presentation skills
- Good time management skills
- Demonstrated team and individual goal-oriented mindset and accomplishments
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 219557
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time