The Department of Medicine - Infectious Diseases is seeking a Nurse Practitioner who will provide mental health services within the Baltimore City Health Department Sexual Health Clinics, primarily for patients in the HIV treatment program. In addition, provide mental health services for patients enrolled in the HIV prevention (PrEP) program and the mobile clinical services team, which serves individuals with substance use disorders. The scope of service includes outpatient management of patients' mental health needs who are primarily seeking services for HIV treatment, PrEP, or substance use disorders. Reports to: Medical Director for HIV & PrEP.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide mental health assessment, pharmacological evaluation and management, crisis intervention, supportive psychotherapy, group therapy, and treatment planning for patients enrolled in BCHD continuity programs including HIV primary care, PrEP, and mobile substance use treatment programs.
- Document appropriately in the electronic medical record. Support the development of medical record tools to appropriately capture patient care interactions, as well as necessary data for grant reporting.
- Create and implement protocols for improved mental health evaluation and appropriate referral.
- Provide training and support to BCHD clinicians to provide first line mental health treatment within their scope of practice.
- Refer to higher level psychiatric care, inpatient care, or emergency services as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with a team of infectious disease clinicians, nurses, case managers, social workers, clinical support staff and patient advocates.
- Attend team meetings, clinic all staff meetings, conferences and continuing education programs.
- Seek consultation with supervising medical provider when appropriate.
- Maintain a current and valid license in accordance with the respective governing board.
- Communicate with providers at outside institutions, referring providers, and other health care teams to ensure continuity of care.
- Support programmatic efforts to expand mental health services and advise on higher level programmatic decision making.
Master's degree in nursing; Registered Nurse license and Certified as a Nurse Practitioner. Must be licensed as NP in State of Maryland or other state where practicing. Additional experience may substitute for master's degree, as permitted by the JHU equivalency formula. Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR certification required. Must maintain current licensure and certification during duration of employment. Completion of the JHH credentialing process is required prior to start date. JHU Equivalency Formula:
30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualification:
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
- Related experience in the provision of direct patient care and collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in State of Maryland.
- Must be credentialed as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner through the ANCC.
- Completion of the JHH credentialing process required prior to start date.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current DEA and X waiver preferred.
- Must maintain current licensure and certification during duration of employment.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse patient, staff and community populations.
- Ability to function both autonomously and in collaboration in multidisciplinary, multi-organizational team setting.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Strong interpersonal skills and written communication skills.
Sitting, standing and walking for extended period. Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction. Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s). Ability to move standard equipment through a hospital or clinical environment.Classified Title: Nurse PractitionerRole/Level/Range:
ACRP/04/MG Starting Salary Range:
Commensurate with experienceEmployee Group:
Full Time Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm Exempt Status:
Hybrid (1- 4 days on Campus)Department Name:
Medicine, Infectious Diseases, BCHD Personnel Area:
School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Nurse-Practitioner-MD-21205/818637700/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.