If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
CORE JOB SUMMARY
The University of Miami/UHealth MSOM Department of Dermatology & Cutaneous Surgery has an exciting opportunity for a full time Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner. The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) delivers medical care to a wide variety of patients. The APRN is also examines and treats patients independently and in autonomous collaboration with other health care professionals. Ensures proper illness and injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. May prescribe medications and order diagnostic tests. Advises patients about continuing care.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs and documents complete physical examinations and comprehensive health histories.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient's age-specific needs
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability.
- Assists with the provision of care in accordance with facility, state, and federal regulations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patient's transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary. Department Specific Functions
Dermatology ARNP's identify the patient's need for dermatologic care using comprehensive assessment and diagnostic reasoning to access the patient's condition. The process includes conducting a comprehensive health history, medication review, and the interpretation of laboratory studies and pathology reports to establish a differential diagnosis. The ARNP consults and refers with dermatologists, dermatopathologists and dermatology surgeons to provide comprehensive care.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Recognizes deviations from normal skin assessment. Works in collaboration with a physician in formulating treatment plans for health problems and follow-up.
- Monitor, and report development or changes in patients' health conditions and also maintain accurate records of patients' medical history.
- Develops, implements and evaluates a plan of care that is appropriate for the patient.
- Orders appropriate laboratory tests according to practice guidelines.
- Administer medications, injections and performs treatments and procedures for all patients.
- Writes prescriptions for medication and if necessary modifies patient treatment plans.
- Provides medical support to staff, triaging and implementing care in a knowledgeable and skillful
- manner, as evidenced by team feedback and documentation in medical records.
- Provides assistance to physicians in the care and treatment of patients.
Master's degree in relevant field Certification and Licensing:
Valid State of Florida APRN License Experience:
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.