Posted in Education and Training
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Network Support Specialist provides triage, diagnostic, and troubleshooting technical support services, related to clinical and business applications and operating systems, to ensure enterprise-wide networks and peripherals are functioning properly. This employee collaborates with project management, network services, and application development to identify requirements and resolutions to incidences.
Core Job Functions
1. Creates and manages escalated trouble tickets to maintain data integrity.
2. Uses various applications to research and resolve incidences.
3. Coordinates with team members on projects and issues.
4. Creates and manages documentation and procedure.
5. Communicates project status to management.
6. Performs first line problem resolution for network hardware and services.
7. Answers customers' questions regarding network services.
8. Alerts supervisor or more experienced technicians of network failures or degradation and performs corrective action.
9. Informs users of base requirements to meet troubleshooting needs.
10. Monitors network performance using available software tools and monitoring hardware.
11. Routes prescription, patient advices requests, and duplicate patient account issues to the appropriate department pool or party.
12. Installs, configures, and tests new network hardware and updates to network software.
13. Provides guidance and backup to Network Engineers and other relevant staff.
14. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Associate's degree in relevant field.
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience. Any relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
*By registering with our site, you agree to our