Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry. Relevant industry experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. We sail into uncharted waters every day at Meta in Production Engineering, and we are always learning and adapting.We tackle a range of complex security related challenges in order to insure safe, secure and reliable network infrastructure in one of the world's largest network environments.
Network Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Own development of tooling and network automation services for network ACL configuration, Network AAA, zero-trust communication, disaster prevention and ensure safe and secure network operations and observability
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the hardest problems, live, on some of the largest and most complex systems in the world
- Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- Partner alongside the best engineers in the industry, and on some of the coolest stuff around. The platforms and code you will use will be in production and used by millions of users all around the world
- 5+ years experience with development languages (Go, Python, C/C++ and PHP)
- 5+ years experience in configuration and maintaining of applications such as Apache, Memcached, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP
- 5+ years experience internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN's)
- 5+ years experience developing with distributed services, frameworks and APIs
- Automation experience with access control list management using automation frameworks or services.
- Experience with network hardware platforms, network management and security best practices.
- Experience with AAA services in a large scale network.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.