Meta's Edge & Network Service (ENS) team is actively looking for passionate people to help us tackle the unique set of challenges and opportunities we face as we scale our data center footprint. Our team is the execution arm of the network team and is responsible for the deployment and support of all production networks (Edge, Backbone, Optical, and Data Center) as well as our content delivery network (CDN) across the globe. With the introduction of our open networking hardware projects [https://code.facebook.com/posts/1241394199239439/the-growing-ecosystem-around-open-networking-hardware] we have entered into a new era of unprecedented opportunities to re-think traditional networking and iterate quickly in an area that was previously very closed to innovation. This truly global team offers a unique career opportunity to work with all of the latest network technologies and talented engineers solving some of the most complex problems in the industry. This is a full-time, 12-week internship position based in our DeKalb, IL data center.
Network Engineer Intern, Infrastructure Data Center Responsibilities:
- Support and lead implementation of Meta's production network infrastructure in the datacenter
- Perform hands on troubleshooting and repair of network hardware, software, and network circuits
- Manage and update work assignments through our internal task tools and repair ticketing system
- Perform network maintenance including hardware and software upgrades, migrations, decommissioning, and capacity upgrades
- Maintain asset database and related documentation for installed network infrastructure
- Work cross-functionally to plan and execute projects and manage operational incidents
- Currently has, or in the process of obtaining, a Bachelor's degree or Master''s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications, or a related technical field
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally and solve problems under pressure
- Proficient in UNIX/Linux and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols in a dual-stack environment
- Ability to pick up new concepts around network design and management
- Detail oriented with troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to lift/move 30-40 pounds on a daily-basis
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Operational experience in data center, service provider, or wide area networks
- Experience coding in at least one language, preferably for network or systems automation
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.