Expected Travel: Up to 10%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Global Functions - The Corporate division is the central operating unit of the company; setting strategy and policy and providing business development, finance, human resources, information technology, investor relations and legal support to the businesses. The global Company headquarters is located just outside of Philadelphia in Wayne, PA. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
This Network Engineering role is responsible for the delivery of IT solutions supporting the company data centers. Responsibilities include delivering stable network solutions, troubleshooting network issues, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
The Network Engineer will work closely with Teleflex IT professionals, company decision makers, and vendors to provide information technology solutions to benefit the business and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Work independently on data center network implementations from system requirements gathering through implementation and service support transition
• Perform network operation tasks: patching network infrastructure (Arista, Cisco, Checkpoint, etc), data circuit orders, performance monitoring, logical and physical network changes and testing.
• Automate common and complex tasks to improve efficiency and eliminate human error.
• Document newly implemented or existing systems according to quality, compliance, and regulatory requirements
• Identify and address technical or operational risks and inefficiencies with IT systems
• Develop and maintain documentation for operational best practices and systems maintenance
• Collaborate with project managers in development of detailed project plans
• Develop and execute support transition plan for system implementations
• Provide assistance for issues escalated from downstream support teams
Education / Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 5 years in Information Technology
• Certification with a major network technology platform such as Arista, Cisco, or Checkpoint.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Firm understanding of IT best practices and frameworks such as ITIL
• Experience using tools for change management
• Experience producing technical documentation including functional requirements, design specifications, work instructions, and installation qualifications
• Working knowledge of SOX and FDA 21 CFR Part 820 requirements
• Maintains working understanding of technology across many disciplines
• Technical areas of expertise should include and not be limited to the following:
o LAN switching and VLANs
o Wireless networking
o Networking in virtual environments
o Authentication protocols such as RADIUS, Kerberos, TACACS+
o WAN circuit technologies and routing protocols
o DHCP configuration and management
o IP Subnetting
• Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
• Ability to solve complex problems with limited supervision
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees and vendors at all levels of the business
• Ability to coordinate technical resources across multiple locations to accomplish goals
• Ability to learn new technologies and existing legacy infrastructure
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 15%
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.