Edge and Network Services (ENS) is looking for an experience engineer to solve challenges related to the demand for new compute and networking technologies in our data centers to support AI and ML applications for both production services and R&D. This position will work at a strategic level with Planning, DC Engineering & Design, Network Engineering, Data Center Connectivity, SiteOps and other cross-functional teams to develop strategies for integrating new technologies into the fleet. The primary objectives are to represent ENS, understand business and technical drivers, and help develop the strategy for how IDC supports new network technologies, meets capacity demands, and continues to evolve our data center infrastructure for the future demands. Once developed, this person will lead and enable our Global ENS DC team to execute on these critical projects.
- Participate in the design, engineering and implementation of High Performance Computing (HPC) networks used for AI and ML applications
- Research, develop, and deploy new technologies to evolve and scale our data center infrastructure for workloads
- Influence future iterations of data center, network, compute, and storage systems to ensure seamless integration of new technology
- Actively participate in the New Product Introduction (NPI) process for new hardware, software, and topologies
- Develop and lead the implementation of tools required to provision, manage, and troubleshoot large-scale DC networks
- Work closely with other Facebook teams and external vendors to develop and influence future technologies
- Maintain technical reference, process, and training documentation for a global network operations team
- Build and nurture business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, partners, and vendors
- Up to 15-20% of travel required based on project demand
- 15+ years of work experience with designing and deploying large-scale network infrastructure
- Experience with data center pod design: rack elevations, cabling, power/cooling, and leaf-spine fabrics
- Experience with network architectures used for high-bandwidth, low-latency applications (HPC, SAN)
- Expert knowledge of Optical transceivers, NICs, AOC, and DAC for high-speed data center interconnects
- Demonstrated knowledge of structured cabling, fiber optic network infrastructure - design and installation
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP, IPv4/6, Routing Protocols, and related network services (DHCP, DNS)
- Experience with developing tools and leveraging automation for network configuration and monitoring
- Track record of solving complex problems, setting strategic direction, and driving tactical execution
- Highly autonomous with the experience multitasking, prioritizing, and communicating in a fast paced environment
- Experience leading and contributing to large-scale cross-functional projects and organizational 'big bets'
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience working with high-performance computing (HPC) infrastructure at scale
- Experience with Liquid Cooling solutions for data center server and network applications
- Experience with RoCE, InfiniBand, RDMA - understanding of typical configurations and performance
- Network automation experience with scripting and programming languages (Bash/Python/Perl/Go)
- Experience operating networks in an Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) environment
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.