Job ID: 2113682
Location: GREENBELT , MD , US
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Audio Visual Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC has an immediate need for a Senior Video Engineer to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide.
- Apply advanced engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, or video systems used for NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Television Operations.
- Review and prepare engineering and technical analysis reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Apply engineering principles to perform video system architecture design, computer system integration, computer and telecommunications configuration management, and quality assurance testing of computer and telecommunications systems in support of GSFC’s video systems
- Support the installation of equipment in both telecommunications closets, the GSFC Cable TV Head-end, as well as GSFC TV Operations Master Control Room.
- Review Change Requests, Work orders, Incident tickets, and equipment records for completeness and accuracy.
- Submit requisitions for materials, tools, and supplies as needed.
- Inspects completed work accuracy to verify conformance and compliance to Government standards and regulations.
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in a related field and a Minimum of 5 years for technical experience or High School degree and 9 years of technical experience
- The Video Engineer must have practical knowledge in RF Satellite communications (C and Ku-band) analysis and testing. Skill in maintaining both Satellite antenna systems as well as Over the air VHF and UHF antenna systems
- The Video Engineer must have practical knowledge of Broadcast quality Video Signal Transmission, Audio signal analysis, MPEG stream analysis, Multicasting, Unicasting, Video Production Switchers, Video Routers, Video Recorders, Format conversions, monitors, character generators and Video Storage and Playback equipment
- The Video Engineer must have the ability to install video systems in a structured environment based on previously developed plans. This includes video systems supporting various video formats including Standard Definition, High Definition, Ultra High Definition and RGB signals
- Knowledge of test equipment necessary to measure signal strength at amplifiers or at the customer locations
- Ability to install cabling, crimp connectors in a structured cabling system environment. Ability to troubleshoot issues to determine the cause of faulty reception
- Have a pleasant demeanor when interacting with customers for both new installation as well as during reported incidents
Desired Skills / Experiences:
- Technical writing skills to support developing documentation to be used by the group for operation and maintenance needs.
- Knowledge of drawing tools such as Autocad, Visio, to maintain graphical documentation. This includes Power Distribution, Video distribution, Audio distribution, Power Grounding, Rack Elevations.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Less than 10% of time spent on travel
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.