The Multi Skilled Operator will set-up and operate computer controlled machining equipment including versatile machining center capable of a wide range of milling, drilling, tapping, and boring operations on a variety of castings. The Operator performs basic assembly of components as well as tasks as assigned. This position will be based in Bloomfield, CT with the Jacobs Vehicle Systems (JVS) team. JVS is an Altra company.
Key Relationships :
- Work from manufacturing set-up specifications, computer printouts, and complicated drawings.
- Select prescribed tools and set in holders according to required sequence.
- Perform internal operations as prescribed, check work for tolerances, finishes, do progressive gauging, change tools when necessary.
- Performs related duties as assigned to produce quality parts, monitor machine operations, assist in ironing-out machine operating difficulties
- Quality Engineers
- Flow- Maintenance
Job Requirements QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills
- Hands on type individual that is able to work with minimal supervision
- GED/High School Diploma
- Good work ethic
- Desire to be productive and work well with others
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at:
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.