Ø Perform a variety of trade functions including, but not limited to electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, pipefitting, welding, steam/hot water systems, rotating equipment, burner and ignition systems, liquid and dry handling equipment, and minor instrumentation.
Ø Repair, install and maintain all plant equipment, buildings, utilities and services utilizing the skills noted above.
Ø Troubleshoot equipment problems and make necessary repairs. Also assist operations personnel in troubleshooting process problems.
Ø Perform preventative maintenance tasks required for plant equipment.
Ø Assist in determining causes of equipment failures and recommend corrective actions to improve plant reliability.
Ø Write and revise maintenance department safe job procedures.
Ø Assume on call duties according to the planned rotation.
Ø Participate in lead operator shift turnover briefings.
Ø Interact with and oversee contractor activities within the unit.
Ø Assist in managing capital project work as directed by the unit manager.
Ø Make recommendations for spare parts inventory. Including new items and min/max of existing parts. Maintain designated critical spare parts inventory that is not kept by the storeroom.
Ø Upon completion of repairs, removes tools and other work related items from the plant. Maintain the maintenance shop area in a clean and safe manner.
Ø Actively participate in established health, safety, environmental and quality programs/processes.
Ø Conduct all tasks associated with this position in a safe and efficient manner.
Ø Perform other duties as instructed to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the unit including job assignments in other classifications.
A high school diploma or equivalent, technical or advanced schooling preferred, computer experience highly desirable.
* At least 5 years of industrial electrical experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Demonstrate skills in the area of repair, installation and maintenance of electrical systems and components.
* Experience with instrumentation and PLC's beneficial.
* Be capable of performing maintenance on rotating equipment, pneumatics, steam/hot water systems and dry powder handling systems.
* Ability to provide maintenance coverage on a call in basis according to a planned rotation.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills to interact within various levels of the organization.
Posted about 11 hours ago
Silver Spring, Maryland
Posted about 8 hours ago
Washington, District of Columbia
Posted about 8 hours ago