University of Idaho
Micron Endowed Professor in Microelectronics
Division/College: College of Engineering
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) in the College of Engineering (COE) invites applications for the position of Micron Endowed Professor in Microelectronics with an emphasis on Integrated Circuit design, including low-power and low-energy applications. The primary research focus areas may include any of the following: (1) novel architectures for computing, memory, and storage; (2) semiconductor applications of Machine Learning; or (3) advanced packaging and 3D IC solutions. This position requires a strong commitment to research, teaching, and service in the next generation of microelectronics, preparing graduate and undergraduate students for careers in the semiconductor field through course offerings and research opportunities. The Micron Endowed Professor should embrace Micron’s vision to “transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.” Funds from the endowment will support the research program of the faculty member by funding students, staff, travel, equipment and so forth. The University of Idaho is committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment that respects individual differences and fosters engagement with all members. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who have experience in such an effort through their teaching, research, or service. The intent is to hire associate or full professor with tenure - must meet eligibility criteria at the time of offer.
• Must hold an earned Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
• Primary research focus in integrated circuit design, including low-power and low-energy applications.
• Demonstrated research excellence in the field of microelectronics as evidenced by recent publications in refereed venues and extensive funding support for this work.
• Demonstrated teaching excellence through the creation of opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students in the field of microelectronics.
• Demonstrated leadership excellence through the creation of environments that are conducive to intellectual and research growth.
• Qualify for the rank of Associate or Full Professor.
• Hold an Idaho Professional Engineer license or become licensed in the state of Idaho within 5 years of hire.
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated research in one or more of the following: (1) novel architectures for computing, memory, and storage; (2) semiconductor applications of Machine Learning; or (3) advanced packaging and 3D IC solutions.
• Relevant industrial experience.
• Experience with effectively engaging students and collaborating with staff from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000946P
Posting Date: 10/07/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applicants must submit a CV; a letter of qualification that addresses the required and preferred qualifications; and the names and contact information for at least three (3) professional references.
This position will remain open until filled, with first consideration of applications on January 5, 2022.
For more information please contact:
Dr. James Frenzel - Search Chair
Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Posted 33 minutes ago
Salisbury, North Carolina
Posted 15 minutes ago
Posted 9 minutes ago