12 Hr Evening - Morning
Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Responsible for prioritizing testing procedures and completing those procedures in an accurate and timely manner to facilitate rapid patient recovery. Responsible for maintaining proper accurate records of all tests done in accordance with DNV requirements. This position will care for patients in the adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups. Employee performs clinical duties in accordance with population specific guidelines and adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures. Employee works and trains under the direct supervision of a qualified director, supervisor, or technologist qualified in the specialty(ies), but does not report actual patient test results without prior supervisory review. Employee may function in this role for the duration of the formal approved training program or for a maximum period of 24 months.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Preferred Job Qualifications
Licensure or other certifications: Must acquire ASCP or AMT MT certification within two (2) years from date of hire. Meets the requirements of the State of Georgia.
Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree. Requires at least 35 hours of coursework across various subjects related to the clinical laboratory sciences, such as biological science, microbiology, organic chemistry, biochemistry, physics, etc.
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
Preferred Educational Requirements:
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Basic Computer skills
- Has the ability to perform independent analysis
- Good interpersonal and computer skills
- Completes routine and stat testing according to department policy and established time frame.
- Performs analysis independently according to established criteria and State guidelines.
- Lends assistance to other areas of the laboratory as needed to facilitate specimen implementation.
- Performs equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Maintains lab records and documentation, entering data into computer system.
- Consults with Section Supervisor or pathologist on questionable lab results.
- Reviews and enters daily Q.C. data in computer.
- Interprets Q.C. data according to established rules and policies calling supervisors. attention to any abnormal results.
- Attends at least 80% of all continuing education programs as established by the laboratory.
- Regularly provides suggestions for quality improvement in the laboratory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals. NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Weight Lifted: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Weight Carried: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Vision: Moderate, Frequently 31-65% of time
Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
Standing/Walking: Frequently 31-65%
Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally 0-30%
Intensity of Work: Occasionally 0-30%
Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Keyboarding
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.