Posted in Pharmaceuticals
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Medical Affairs in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Medical Director - GYN role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
The Medical Director for GYN is a strategic member of the Core Medical Team. The MD is accountable to ensure design and execution of the integrated Medical Plan, and for ensuring alignment of US Medical Affairs scientific activities in support of the overarching brand objectives. The MD demonstrates leadership and delivers strategic thinking in collaborating with and influencing internal stakeholders, including brand team, cross-functional leads, field medical, and global. The MD also leads external scientific expert engagement planning and implementation.
1. Responsible for strategic alignment of congress and external Medical Affairs engagement Plan in collaboration with field leadership
2. Responsible for the delivery of medical and scientific insight back to the Business and to inform the medical affairs strategy plans as appropriate
3. Responsible for developing Medical Affairs Advisory Board plan in collaboration with the Medical Lead and accountable for execution of plan
4. Responsible for the optimal and appropriate use of medical resources, review and approval of commercial and medical tools
5. Execute in a cross-functional project teams the medical affairs strategy
1. Advanced degree in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, Biological sciences or equivalent experience
2. 3-5 years of prior Industry experience, preferably in Medical Affairs
3. Ability to initiate, manage, and deliver initiatives/projects
4. Knowledge of medical strategy, clinical development, and field medical activities
5. Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
6. Experience in engaging with external experts
7. Demonstrated leadership abilities in a matrix organization
8. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills while demonstrating strategic thinking, leading and delivering outcomes
9. Highly developed written, verbal and presentation skills
10. Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
11. High Emotional Intelligence with self-awareness and strong interpersonal skills
12. Results driven, customer service orientation
1. Experience in developing and maintaining External Experts relationships
2. Working knowledge of FDA requirements
3. Knowledge and/or expertise in disease or therapeutic area
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
Posted 36 minutes ago
Posted 36 minutes ago
Posted 36 minutes ago
*By registering with our site, you agree to our