Healthcare isn't just about health anymore. It's about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It's about living life fully. At Conviva, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Humana, Inc., we want to help people everywhere, including our team members, lead their best lives. We support our team members to be happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We encourage our people to build relationships that inspire, support, and challenge them. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our team members fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to enhance their careers. At Conviva, we're seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our patients, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
The Medical Assistant 2 is the first point of contact for patient care. Responsible for administrative duties in addition to patient care. The Medical Assistant 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
Conviva is seeking a dedicated, compassionate, and cheerfulCertified Medical Assistantwho has a soft spot for our senior members and wants to make a positive impact in their lives.
We are actively interviewing for this position. We offer great salary, benefits, and potential bonus!
Why should you consider this opportunity?
You will join a company:
- With a national presence and 100+ clinics
- With an amazing growth story, sustained by an extraordinary innovation
- In which you will be able to grow your career and develop your skills
We offer tangible and intangible benefits such as medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k with company matching, potential for yearly bonus, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation / sick time, paid holidays, work-life balance, growth, a positive culture and much more!What will you be doing?
The Certified Medical Assistant performs clinical duties such as discussing symptoms and gathering and inputting information into the electronic medical records system, taking vital signs, giving injections, performing diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site.
Collaborates closely with Physicians and Nurses. Delivers direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude overprioritization/timing,and works under minimal direction.Required Qualifications
- A Minimum of 1 year of Medical Assistant experience in 'back-office' direct patient care
- Active Medical Assistant Certification or Registration from the following: **Please note if you are currently not certified, we will require completion of Conviva approved certification program within one year from hire date**
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- American Association of Medical Assistant
- American Medical Technologist
- National Association for Health Professionals
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- American Registry of Medical Assistants
- American Allied Health (AAH)
- Current CPR certification
- Experience in a fast pace/high volume environment
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Experience with MS Outlook
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana/Senior Bridge's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual, strongly preferred
- Hands-on professional Phlebotomy experience
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Experience with HEDIS
- Rad tech license ( AART)
- Scheduled 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday 8AM-5PM
For this job, associates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated or undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved Humana vendor, and unvaccinated associates should follow all social distancing and masking protocols if they are required to come into a Humana facility or work outside of their home. We are ahealthcarecompany committed to putting health and safety first for our members, patients, associates, and the communities we serve.
If progressed to offer, you will be required to:
- Provide proof of full vaccinationor commit totesting protocolsOR
- Provide proof of applicable exemption including any required supporting documentation
Medical, religious,stateand remote-only work exemptions areavailable.Being a part of the Conviva team gives you:
We offer tangible and intangible benefits such as medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k, tuition reimbursement, vacation, paid holidays, work-life balance, growth, a positive and fun culture and much more.Scheduled Weekly Hours
This job has expired.