Healthcare isn't just about health anymore. It's about caring for family, friends, finances, and personal life goals. It's about living life fully. At Conviva, a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana, Inc., we want to help people everywhere, including our team members, lead their best lives. We support our team members to be happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We encourage our people to build relationships that inspire, support, and challenge them. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our team members fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to enhance their careers. At Conviva, we're seeking innovative people who want to make positive changes in their lives, the lives of our patients, and the healthcare industry.
The Medical Assistant 2 is the first point of contact for patient care. Responsible for administrative duties in addition to patient care. The Medical Assistant 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Medical Assistant 2 performs clinical duties such as discussing symptoms and gathering and inputting information into the electronic medical records system, taking vital signs, giving injections, performing diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site. Collaborates closely with Physicians and Nurses. Delivers direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- Prepares exam room, equipment and supplies needed prior/during patient examination
- Prepares patient for consultation, taking/documenting vital signs (temp, BP, HR, RR) etc.
- Draws blood, collects specimens, and administers injections
- Schedule appointments for patients
- Proficient in EMR process
- 1 - 3 years of Medical Assistant experience in 'back-office' direct patient care
- Applicable State licensure in field of study (RMA/ CMA)
- Current CPR certification
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana/Senior Bridge's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Experience in a fast pace/high volume environment
- Experience with MS Outlook
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual English and Spanish is preferred, but not requireed
- Hands-on professional Phlebotomy experience
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Experience with HEDIS
- Active Medical Assistant Certification or Registration from the following: American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA), National Healthcareer Association, American Registry of Medical Assistants, National Association for Health Professionals, and/or American Medical Technologist
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PMBeing a part of the Conviva team gives you:
We offer tangible and intangible benefits such as medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k, tuition reimbursement, vacation, paid holidays, work-life balance, growth, a positive and fun culture and much more.Alert:
Conviva, a subsidiary of Humana, values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an interview will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent fromHumana@myworkday.comwith instructions to add the information into the application at Humana's secure website.Interview Format: MODERN HIRE
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor.This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone or computer to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.Please note:
For this job, associates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated or undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved Humana vendor, and unvaccinated associates should follow all social distancing and masking protocols if they are required to come into a Humana facility or work outside of their home. We are ahealthcarecompany committed to putting health and safety first for our members, patients, associates, and the communities we serve.
If progressed to offer, you will be required to:
- Provide proof of full vaccinationor commit totesting protocolsOR
- Provide proof of applicable exemption including any required supporting documentation
Medical, religious,stateand remote-only work exemptions areavailableScheduled Weekly Hours
This job has expired.