GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. is seeking Mechanical Engineers for our Rockville, MD office. Our Mechanical Engineers provide a range of services as part of an integrated building services design.
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI wants you!
GPI is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- Accountable for providing system design calculations and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering / internal and external)
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed
- Lead project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
- Mentor and delegate tasks junior staff
- Interface with clients (as required) and attend design meetings
- Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects
- Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required
- 5+ years' experience designing Mechanical HVAC Building Systems
- EIT required; PE is a plus
- Proficiency in AutoCAD; required Revit preferred
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Energy Codes required
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Read, write, and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members