Location: SeaTac, WA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer II - P&ID Design for a 6+ month contract position in Kent, WA.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Design ground systems to test rocket engines and space flight vehicles.
- Design high pressure gas and cryogenic fluid systems
- Analysis of structural steel and concrete designs
- Coordinate with suppliers on costs, schedule, and technical design requirements
- Oversee fabrication, installation, and commissioning of new and modified systems.
- Travel to work with suppliers and support operations (up to 25%).
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field
- 3+ years or greater experience with similar system design
- Experience interpreting and generating Plumbing and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Knowledge of ASME BPVC and B31.3
- Experience performing fluid and structural design and analysis of piping and tubing systems
- Knowledge of standard components, installation and fabrication methods of piping systems (pipe stock, fittings, connections, valves, fasteners, structural members, pipe fitting, welding, etc)
- Knowledge of fluid components typical in tubing and piping systems (e.g. valves, regulators, pumps, etc)
- Experience using 3D modelling software (ProEngineer Creo, Windchill, and ProPiping preferred)
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Advanced Engineering degree
- Experience working in aerospace rocket test operations
- Experience using Autocad or Autocad P&ID
- Experience using analysis tools specific to piping (Bentley AutoPipe preferred)
- Experience generating fabrication and installation drawings
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance preferred
- Knowledge of precision cleaning processes / levels and passivation of stainless steel
- Knowledge of Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) principles and methodologies
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com