Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a skilled Oilfield Mechanic to service facilities in the Vanderbilt, TX areas. The Mechanic will perform a variety of duties regarding installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and overhauling of machinery and/or mechanical equipment including but not limited to production equipment such as reciprocating gas compressors, natural gas fired engines, diesel engines and /or triplex and centrifugal pumps.
Location: Vanderbilt, TX
Schedule: 7x7 Rotation - **Candidates must live within a 60 mile radius or be willing to relocate. No lodging or per diem provided.***
Other: Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K+ Company Match , 100 hours of PTO. 10 paid holidays and more. All offers of employment subject to passing of background check, clean MVR and drug & alcohol screening
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Responsible for the service, maintenance and repair of the firm's equipment, including compressors and motors.
- Performs major mechanical overhauls with minimal supervision
- Verifies dimensions, specifications, and tolerances using blueprints
- Ensures that mechanical equipment within a limited area of operations is properly installed, operating within design limits, repaired and maintained.
- Conduct field mechanical practices while providing the Company with the best probability of success in a timely manner while minimizing downtime and expenditures.
- Follow and adhere to company policy regarding bids, pricing agreements and procurement of materials and services.
- Recognize potential hazards to operations and provide protection for both human beings and equipment.
- Ensure that operations conducted under his control or supervision complies with the Company's HSE policies and/or governing agencies.
- Ensure that the required reporting and records of daily operations, daily costs, related material transfers, etc. are prepared and reported timely and accurately.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid State Driver's license
- General Field Mechanic Knowledge required
- Oil and Gas Mechanic knowledge preferred
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.