Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for facilitating transactions, producing, assembling and delivering replacement/ repair parts and equipment as part of a Services agreement or order. Includes activities such as processing transactions, managing processes, material management, site operations, or warehouse logistics & shipping, sometimes in a shop structure. Includes craft & non craft labor as well as manager roles responsible solely for these activities.
- Responsible for material planning and inventory metrics across a service segment
- Monitor the results of changes to the inventory plan/forecast and recommend modifications
- Plan for prevention of excess inventory and stock outs
- Work with all levels of personnel (hourly, supervisory, and general foreperson) in resolving issues, tracking material availability, and advising on material usage
- Work with customers externally and internally to identify new opportunities to improve our current processes
- May also include, Lead Inquiry to Order (ITO) processes through Order to Remittance (OTR)
- Deliver business sales, contribution margin, develop proposals; negotiate with customers; drive competitive pricing
- Major contribution to the development of an operational year plan for own department activities of the team
- Suggest improvements in products, processes and procedures
- Work together with people from the business unit
- Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues
- Work on the basis of predefined contracts and frameworks
- Some latitude to deviate from those conditions
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Services).
Wabtec provides a competitive total compensation package that includes a comprehensive employee benefits program.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Wabtec also contributes Annual and Matching contributions to your 401(k) account to help your savings grow. Each pay period, Wabtec will match 100% of your contribution up to a maximum of 3% of your eligible compensation. Wabtec also will make an Annual Contribution of 3% of your compensation, whether or not you contribute your own funds to the Savings Plan. That's a total of 6% of your annual compensation in Company-provided contributions!
12 paid holidays
Unlimited time off (in accordance with your leader)Note: Lump sum relocation may be offered where eligible.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This job has expired.