The Materials Manager is responsible for materials management across the North American Ag manufacturing network. The Materials Manager oversees Production Control, Supply Chain including supplier management of resins & purchased components, implementation of lean materials management processes, production & delivery analysis, inventory accuracy, long and short range materials & capacity planning, as well as supervision of functional support staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Materials & Capacity Planning
B. Production Scheduling
- Provides Long Range Planning (LRP) capacity analysis based on best available sales forecasts along with North American capacity and available global capacity. Makes recommendations as to when and where to add new capacity.
- Manages annual planning process including required production hours by location to meet the annual sales forecast.
- Responsible for inventory integrity at all Ag Manufacturing locations including management of the cycle count process to minimize inventory discrepancies and/or inventory shrink.
- Provides monthly production volume planning using the business forecast, inventory position, actual customer orders, and defined capacity parameters. Provides monthly sales fulfillment projection to the division.
- Coordinates on with global locations to maximize production across the global production network.
- Establishes and manages proper inventory levels of raw, WIP and finished goods to assure continuous supply, including setting Kanban levels using PFEP practices
- Provides Quarterly/monthly inventory level & status reports as required including but not limited to resin usage, resin price sheet, resin forecast, etc.
- Responsible for the IBP supply planning tool, 24 month capacity analysis and chairing of the monthly IBP Supply meeting.
C. Supply Chain
- Responsible for production scheduling completed in a timely, efficient, logical manner that facilitates best manufacturing practices while minimizing cost of change over and scrap.
- Works closely with Order Entry, Purchasing, Marketing and Operations to ensure all requirements are met and maintained regarding product and material availability.
- Develops advanced scheduling methods and models consistent with industry best practices and lean concepts to be used by production planners for all Ag production facilities.
- Actively tracks order progression to assure schedule attainment. Assure effective communication of order attainment information to customer service, including but not limited to conformation dates, reconfirmation dates, reasons for delays, etc.
- Coordinates the activities required to remedy material shortages until resolution. Conducts root cause evaluation with countermeasures to prevent future shortages.
- Works directly with Production and Quality to assure inventory accuracy
- Works closely with Toro corporate supply chain to optimize supply chain effectiveness at the lowest cost.
- Coordinates planning of all materials and purchased parts for the Ag Division. Makes decisions to release, firm, cancel, or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, and capacity. Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels to support production and sales plans.
- Provides local management of key suppliers assuring supplier quality, delivery, and capacity assuring optimum inventory levels at the right location at the right time. Also assists with supplier problem solving assuring effective delivery of components from contract manufacturers
- Provides high level divisional leadership regarding resin supply management including but not limited to pricing, material flexibility, and material distribution among the Toro manufacturing locations.
- Supervises a team of 4 to 6 across three North American locations.
- Monitors and maintains accurate purchase order information in the ERP system. Recommends modifications to order release due dates, quantities, and purchase order closure based on planning demand.
- Directs and assist suppliers to assurematerial is shipped in accordance with the material release and that correctcommunication of shipment is attained.Monitors and corrects all advanced shippingnotice transmissions.
- Research, recommend, and implement advanced technology to drive productivity in materials systems to include automated storage/retrieval, picking/put-away efficiency, mobile computing advancements, and advanced material handling solutions
- Recommends and implements technology improvements including but not limited to effective use of available SAP tools to drive productivity
- Ensures that obsolete inventories are properly and timely disposed of using agreed upon budgets and parameters.
- Assures materials management related procedural documents are up to date and are followed
The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company .JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Business, Engineering, Accounting or a related area. MBA preferred. APCS Certifications preferred.
- Expert in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software is required with a strong preference for SAP.
- Minimum of five years' experience with budgeting, production control, inventory control, material planning, direct supervision, etc. with a demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with Materials Management Systems.
- Strong leadership, team building, organizational development, coaching and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
- Excited to be hands on, working across function and facility lines on continuous improvement and process optimization projects. Driven with a high internal standard for personal and facility performance holding self and others to a high standard of performance
- Willing and able to make departmental level decisions independently on a regular basis, consulting with Senior Management as needed.
- Hands on experience with Lean principles is strongly preferred
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability works well with ambiguity. Takes initiative to make things better. Strong analytical skills are required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work closely with subordinates, peers and higher levels of management. Effective in working within a highly matrixed organization.
- Position is located in El Cajon and may require up to 10% travel
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.