Together, we move the world-we've been doing it for over 100 years. At MAHLE, as a leading international development partner and systems supplier to the automotive industry, we pursue the objective of making mobility more efficient, more environmentally friendly, more convenient, and more economical. As part of our dual strategy, we are working both on the intelligent combustion engine for the use of hydrogen and other nonfossil fuels and on technologies for fuel cells and e-mobility.
With more than 77,000 employees, MAHLE generated sales of approximately EUR 12.0 billion in 2019 and is represented in over 30 countries with 160 locations, including 16 major research and development centers. Join our MAHLE team! #StrongerTogether
Your Role & Responsibilities
Your Skills & Strengths
- Ensure availability of products to meet production schedule demands while ensuring proper freight allocation and minimizing expedited shipments.
- Perform "Part Number by Part Number" analysis and develop supply plan, create supplier schedules and follow up on supplier deliveries.
- Manage and improve supply base as required. Measure and communicate supplier performance, establish and implement corrective action and negotiate a balanced resolution that meets customers' needs.
- Manage MRP and Inventory Targets.
- Conduct material excess and obsolescence analysis and disposition the materials accordingly.
- Achieve inventory targets using formal, established ordering policies and procedures.
- Follow all documented procedures and maintain vendor/documentation files as required.
- Assist in monitoring supplier agreements.
- Support supplier quality surveys and cost reduction activities to meet established goals.
- Update of Item Master as needed.
- Interface with Purchasing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Bachelor's degree in Materials and/or Manufacturing Management preferred
- 2+ years of planning or purchasing experience preferred.
- Experience using an Integrated Manufacturing Control System.
- Skilled in purchasing, negotiating, process improvement, knowledge and experience within the purchasing/planning function of Logistics to include shipping, receiving, inventory control and MRP II systems pertinent to automotive industry.
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.
This job has expired.