The Material Handler coordinates and expedites the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between sections or departments, according to production and shipping schedules or department priorities. He or she also compiles and maintains manual or computerized records which include but not limited to: review production schedules and related information and confers with department supervisors to determine material requirements to identify overdue materials and to track material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records, such as storage location, inventory adjustments, and material transfers.
- Maintain control of all incoming and outgoing materials from the warehouse.
- Maintain and improve upon the organization of all materials and coordinate consolidation efforts of slow-moving obsolete materials, inventory reduction, and inventory planning.
- Work with continuous improvement team to establish & develop visual metrics & Kanban systems within the inventory warehouse.
- Manage incoming and outgoing shipments within the facility as required.
- Manage and coordinate removal of all scrap.
- Monitor and work together with quality to disposition all quarantined goods and return goods authorizations.
- Assist Cycle Counter in inventory counts as needed.
- Champion the Altra Business System (ABS) lean principles throughout the facility with regards to the inventory and warehouse, with the Cycle Counter.
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Will have a thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods, techniques, and related equipment.
- Must have knowledge of production scheduling and shop operations.
- This position requires that the person be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Will be computer literate, particularly in shop floor control, production planning, and inventory control applications.
- Must be extremely organized.
- A High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 1 year of Forklift experience.
- Must be able to sit stand for long periods of time as necessary in the work area.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, 25 pounds regularly.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.