This position assists in the proper handling of materials, maintaining inventory accuracy, and internal and/or external customer service for a given location within CarlisleIT. Performs a variety of warehousing or stockroom functions including receiving, production order picking, warehouse storage, packaging of finished goods, shipping, inventory control, supply documentation, data input, and material distribution and/or delivery as assigned per location requirements. Works with a team in order to ensure smooth and efficient daily operations within a Carlisle IT facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Contributes to team effort in a collaborative and supportive manner.
* Proficient in all warehouse or stockroom operations in performance of required technical or routine operational tasks per company policies and procedures.
* Assists in maintaining the flow of work and materials based on scheduled supplier deliveries, customer orders, and other internal or external delivery requirements according to established priorities.
* Performs and ensures accurate and timely computer and physical transactions as well as verifies accuracy of transactions/paperwork regarding receiving, stocking, movement, shipping or other required material or goods activities.
* Uses forklift, narrow aisle lift, pallet jack, scales or other machinery to disperse and move material. May be responsible for maintaining scale or other equipment calibration activities.
* May prepare, mark/label/tag and/or package materials or goods for receipt, storage, delivery or shipment according to location or customer requirements.
* Maintains orderly, clean and safe work area as well as visual controls of assigned areas.
* Generally knowledgeable and/or supports Lean Management (COS) and regulatory (e.g. ISO, FAA, ITAR, etc.) initiatives or requirements regarding shipping or receiving as applicable.
* Maintains and improves inventory accuracy. Assists or conducts activities such cycle counts, physical counts, hand counts or other inventory validation and control measures as assigned.
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is a clean facility, housing different machinery, equipment, processes, and chemicals which produce potential hazards in the work environment such as: ergonomic, chemical, machine point of operation, and powered industrial vehicle traffic. These hazards are controlled through means of engineering controls, such as machine guarding, and administrative controls, such as safety policies and programs. In certain areas of the facility, employees are required to wear Personal Protective equipment such as Hearing Protection, Safety Glasses, Safety Toe Shoes, and hand protection.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
* ASTM F-2412-2005, ANSI Z41-1999, or ANSI Z41-1991 rated safety toed shoes
* Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses
* Hearing protection, in specific locations
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
* High school diploma or equivalent. Willingness to complete the Basics of Supply Chain Management module of the APICS (or equivalent) within two years of employment is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* APICS/ISM/Supply Chain certification or willingness to complete first module of APICS Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) program (or equivalent) within two years of employment is preferred.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to read and understand verbal and written instructions.
* Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making skills
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Proficient in MS Office
* Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing, and ambiguous environment while maintaining a positive team environment.
* Reliable and flexible to work additional hours on short notice to complete orders and/or special projects to meet customer demands
* Understanding and experience in Lean manufacturing environment preferred. Participate in continuous improvement projects and 5S related performance teams.
* A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
* Ability to effectively answer questions from managers and employees.
* Ability to work with basic arithmetic with respect to job-related situations.
* Computer and keyboarding skills required.
* Ability to handle interruptions and maintain focus.
* Possession of a valid driver's license and good driving record is desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted 3 minutes ago
Posted 3 minutes ago
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Posted 2 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!