To provide analysis, reporting and administrative support to the Marketing team.
· Responsible for account setup and pricing maintenance for channel customer accounts
· Accountable for managing promotional marketing programs, credits, monthly approvals and associated reporting
· Review, research and determine the appropriate actions steps required to resolve QMS incidents as necessary
· Create and maintain reports and queries for sales, marketing & senior management as requested
· Provide customer and competitive research to support various channel initiatives
· Communicate support letters for channel customers as necessary
· Assist in the tracking of marketing project budgets, development of PO's and processing of project invoices
· Development and Maintenance of Standard Operating Procedure documents
· Completes special projects and other duties as required
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Education, Experience and Skills:
· Undergraduate degree in marketing, business or related field or relevant work experience
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to understand and use complex software systems including Order Billing Systems
· Ability to excel in a detail oriented, process-driven team setting and ability to work well in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to work independently
Ability to read and interpret common business documents including business reports, charts, graphs and diagrams. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, members of the business community and public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Some limited travel is required. Travel is typically by company car and commercial air carrier. Hours will vary as necessitated by business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, martial status, sexual orientation, or gender; and it will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled