This position is located onsite at the Corporate Headquarters located in Kenosha, WI.
This position tThe Market Intelligence Analyst position exists to provide strong analytical and project management support to Snap-on Corporate and all respective business units. Specifically, this position is responsible for assisting the Market Intelligence Group at Corporate Marketing in conducting market research, primary / secondary research data analyses, business intelligence, econometric forecasting, competitive tracking, sales and performance analyses, and various other "special project" tasks that may be assigned. This position is expected to exercise independent judgement and decision making related to managing research projects, providing insights to economic forecasts, business and competitive intelligence. In addition, the position is to assist client/supplier interface, or train and mentor other data analysts, as appropriate and required.
- Maintain and manage econometric data, industrial segment knowledge and competitive benchmarking information to support in forecasting and business activities
- Assist and support primary and secondary research projects to analyze end-customer demand dynamics, product/brand/channel preferences, spending and customer satisfaction trends etc.
- Provide continuous tracking and reporting of key market conditions and developments, including updating executive briefing book and dashboards
- Assist to identify internal client needs, develop research plans, and ensure project implementation/execution
- Assist in the internal "data mining" and analyses of specified operation/performance metrics ((US region/field sales data, trends, performance statistics, franchisee satisfaction, maps, etc.)
- Provide long range planning support to various departments within the company
- Provide continuous tracking and reporting of key market conditions and developments, including competitive activities
- Manage and maintain the department's intranet site, and market information system
- Execute special "ad hoc" projects with accurate data, detailed explanations, and proper presentation to enable management to review, take corrective action, and/or make informed business decisions
- BA/BS degree, preferably in business, marketing, finance, economics or math
- 1-3 years experience preferred in marketing research and/or planning, sales analysis, or data mining
- Relevent college internship experience would be considered for recent college graduates
Learn more about Snap-on:
- Project management skills and flexibility in project/task scheduling
- A collaborative, team-oriented, and energetic work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A good understanding of, or at least a very strong interest in the professional automotive service industry is preferred, as is knowledge of the various professional tool and equipment markets, channels, and end-customer segments
- Strong analytic skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office softwares
- Working knowledge on PC-based survey or statistical softwares e.g. Survey Monkey, etc.
Snap-on is rooted in the dignity of work. From our founding 100 years ago, we have been dedicated to this timeless principle. We celebrate this work, and we celebrate our customers, the makers and the fixers
, who perform day in and day out to move the world forward. Snap-on continually strives to be an employer of choice and offers a Great Place to Work.
Snap-on is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices and laws. Snap-on strictly prohibits, and does not tolerate, discrimination against applicants, associates or any other covered persons for any reason including race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.